Call ducks are literally the cutest things I've ever seen. Something about their face screams "please cuddle me!" As much as I want to make a racket over here, I'm trying not to P off the current neighbors. Although, there's literally a guy on the street that plays his music about every other afternoon/evening, and it's SO loud that I can literally hear every song he plays... in my house. I don't complain though, because it could be a lot worse. And I have screaming goats, so... don't want to live in a glass house, per say, lol.
There's a couple people on our street that annoy me, but with these roosters, we're are easily the loudest. So like yourself, I don't bother claiming. Let those couple of people mention there nose though. They'll wake up with a lost guinea in there yard. :D

There's a couple people on our street that annoy me, but with these roosters, we're are easily the loudest. So like yourself, I don't bother claiming. Let those couple of people mention there nose though. They'll wake up with a lost guinea in there yard. :D

Are guineas as dumb as I've heard? I've heard they are great at tick reduction - which we really need, but I'm not sure that I want to deal with the nonsense of a guinea.

So I'm wondering if the FGCM are actually pullets. I was sexing them according to color, but the comb/waddles just look like females to me. Any thoughts?
20200218_155503.jpg
20200218_155518.jpg
20200218_155511.jpg

This is the 55F, born the same day, but with more comb/waddle development.
20200218_155550.jpg
20200218_155556.jpg

Are guineas as dumb as I've heard? I've heard they are great at tick reduction - which we really need, but I'm not sure that I want to deal with the nonsense of a guinea.
My ducks are great at keeping the ticks down. And the muscovies eradicated the lawn grubs we had. Left some holes but rather the holes than tge pests

So I'm wondering if the FGCM are actually pullets. I was sexing them according to color, but the comb/waddles just look like females to me. Any thoughts?
View attachment 2029752View attachment 2029753View attachment 2029754

This is the 55F, born the same day, but with more comb/waddle development.
View attachment 2029755View attachment 2029758

How old are they? That white one strikes me as a cockerel, but I'm no expert by any means. I've been trying to sex my three orpingtons for months now.

To be honest, I'm not sure how to answer that. We only have 1, and she's a bit strange. Like she sleeps on the ground with the Silkies, and acts like their mother. She's very annoying most of the time because she's loud, but I actually think she's pretty smart. She's not a bully either which I've read they can be. I'll never have another one after Pearl because how annoying she can be, but I do really like her.

To be honest, I'm not sure how to answer that. We only have 1, and she's a bit strange. Like she sleeps on the ground with the Silkies, and acts like their mother. She's very annoying most of the time because she's loud, but I actually think she's pretty smart. She's not a bully either which I've read they can be. I'll never have another one after Pearl because how annoying she can be, but I do really like her.

Yeah I'm already planning on having a barking LGD at some point, maybe I won't push it with the guineas...

Back
Top Bottom