Morning friends!!
Hadn't shared yet because I didn't want to jinx it, first time jitters, but I have 6 duck eggs in the incubator, Day 17, and it appears all 6 are developing into healthy little swimmers!!
Would be great for them to end up 50/50 m/f but who am I kidding, I won't get that lucky! Biggest pain has been trying to keep the humidity up and stable...I've been shooting for anywhere between 40 and 55 but this dry winter air in the house is not helping!
Plans are to eat the boys :oops: ...and keep the ladies!

Sounds like they are ready to be consumed!!

Balut is suppose to be delicious, I have never had it because of my fear of a dux actually hatching.

i heard Patti puts sour cream and Jalapeños on her Balut...

Dux-Fleas just eats hers raw, from what I understand.......

I would go on... but...

My tummy gets a little queasy about eating this delicacy...

04C4B68B-D4C6-41F4-9979-54E6C42881F7.gif

Sounds like they are ready to be consumed!!

Balut is suppose to be delicious, I have never had it because of my fear of a dux actually hatching.

i heard Patti puts sour cream and Jalapeños on her Balut...

Dux-Fleas just eats hers raw, from what I understand.......

I would go on... but...

My tummy gets a little queasy about eating this delicacy...

View attachment 2030348
Lol I think I would vomit myself if I saw someone eating balut...no thanks!!
I'll keep cooking them for a bit longer 😉

Lol I think I would vomit myself if I saw someone eating balut...no thanks!!
I'll keep cooking them for a bit longer 😉

I just can’t imagine eating that... when I have opened quitters and tried to see what went wrong...

I get queasy, but the thought of tasting one is too much for me even if it’s just a smelly dux.

The least a person could do is let them grow a day or two and have deep fried duxling breast medallions!!

I have to head outside soon...

it’s so stinking cold again. The worst type of cold sunny with just enough breeze to bite in good and hard...

i have to look for a rooster. I think he died in the last day or two. He was a sad sack loner, the other birds treated him poorly.

I saw him 2 days ago. His feet were frost bitten. I assume they wouldn’t let him up on the roost or snuggle with him. He was always following me around because he thought I was his friend...

Poor misguided bird.

look what we are in store for tonight.. it’s 1 below right now.
4B41EBA0-86CE-4401-BC3C-87F5A4E5612F.png

My pekins are still keeping to their own groups. I've got the two girls from the first lady and the drake and hen from the second person and they're just staying together and not meshing. Well, I bet the drake will decide he wants all the ladies soon enough, once hormones start flowing here, lol.

He better, or I won't be getting fertile eggs from two of my three girls. Though I really doubt that will happen, ducks being ducks.
The Pekin here stick to themselves too most of the time. The drakes have been breeding other ducks though, but mainly just after breakfast. After that the Peking kind of split off in their own group.

Speaking of, I should have a m/f pair sold. :)

Last edited:
Morning friends!!
Hadn't shared yet because I didn't want to jinx it, first time jitters, but I have 6 duck eggs in the incubator, Day 17, and it appears all 6 are developing into healthy little swimmers!!
Would be great for them to end up 50/50 m/f but who am I kidding, I won't get that lucky! Biggest pain has been trying to keep the humidity up and stable...I've been shooting for anywhere between 40 and 55 but this dry winter air in the house is not helping!
Plans are to eat the boys :oops: ...and keep the ladies!
That's awesome! I just checked the duck eggs here and my own eggs are 100% fertile. Shipped eggs look to be 50%.

Back
Top Bottom