What do you guys think about using bottle rockets to deter Hawks? The thought just passed my mind, and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. In general though I imagine it would be pretty effective to scare them, and awfully difficult to cause any form of damage even if you tried. Anybody have any thoughts on that?
Best hawk deterrent are crows. I know it sounds like sacrilege but crows like eggs...

Best hawk deterrent are crows. I know it sounds like sacrilege but crows like eggs...
Or 12ga shotguns and a serious SSS program..

place silencers on the shotgun before discharging in town.....

Also keep handy the telephone number for the famed law firm “Dewey, Cheatum and Howe”.

Afternoon all!

I spent most of the morning with @Trimurtisan walking around the chicken and goat areas, probably boring him to death. He now has a couple of my crested cream legbar chicks (hopefully.) I’m a dummy and couldn’t figure out which we’re female legbars and which we’re bielefelders so we’ll see, lol.

I think he also stole my tiniest serama ever😂 Just kidding, but seriously right after he left it disappeared into the abyss. We watched as my broody serama mama moved her two chicks from the nest box onto the floor of the coop. I’d never seen a serama as tiny as this one was, so I was going to get one of my plastic brooders and stick mama and babies in that for a week or so until that baby could get around a little better. It was literally 10 minutes between when Chris left and I went back to the coop to grab them and there’s serama mama, out in the run with one baby. I searched EVERYWHERE and the tiniest baby is nowhere to be found. 😩 What the heck??

I spent most of the morning with @Trimurtisan walking around the chicken and goat areas, probably boring him to death. He now has a couple of my crested cream legbar chicks (hopefully.) I’m a dummy and couldn’t figure out which we’re female legbars and which we’re bielefelders so we’ll see, lol.
Ahh, you can't bore me with animal chat. Especially with those goats. Cuteness gets ya pretty far in my world and they are absolutely cute.

That really stinks about the chick. :(
Although it'd fit in my shirt pocket, I promise it wasn't there when I got home. :hugs
That had to be one of the cutest chicks I've seen, it was definitely the smallest chick I've seen. Hopefully the little guy shows up.

The dogs breakfast. I'm pretty sure Dino prefers quail eggs. He was super excited to see it in his bowl.
20200223_082144.jpg

How do you teach them they can eat it when its in their bowl but not when its outside?
That's a darn good question! Most of the eggs are laid in the Shack. To be honest, it's not something I've had to deal with yet. Dino is pretty easy. I can just tell him "not for you" and he'll leave a steak sitting on the floor. Loki though, that doesn't exactly work with her.

Back
Top Bottom