Working on integration this afternoon. I bright the Eng Orps out of their pin. So far the ladies have been just fine. The cockerel got inserted in to the pecking order right away. The "wosre" has actually came from the guinea, then the pack mentality of the Silkie boys kicked and they joined her... :he Those 3 really do make their own flock.

I was suprised with Sully and Umbra both. They simply said "Rawr, I'm number 1" and "Boo, I'm number 2" and that was about it.

Overall though it's going well. I'm just doing the last few hours of the day, then back in the pin to sleep. I'll do the same thing tomorrow and if it goes well I'll start working on transitioning them to the Shack to sleep.

View attachment 2034096View attachment 2034097View attachment 2034098View attachment 2034099

I find it interesting how people integrate new birds..

I put them together at night. If they are all alive the next night I did it well.

I don’t think I ever lost one...a few feathers get messed up but that’s about all.

A friend of mine had two enormous shar pei dogs. Like this. .
Screenshot_2020-02-23-17-16-10.png

They were pretty aggressive too. Probably not the fault of the dogs. . but man I hated those dogs. Nasty mean things and they stunk so freaking bad!
They were super protective of their family I'll give them that. One time I started to swat a fly on the coffee table next to the chair where my friend was holding her youngin. One of those nasty dogs thought I was going to hit the baby and pinned me back down in the chair as I started to get up. .big fat drooling itchy growling cujo right in my face ready to rip my head off if moved a muscle.
I almost poopd my pants.

It would be nice if I found my own chicken man. This guy is raising his own for meat and eggs. He showed me a few pictures too. It looked like a decent living space. He's using this cockerel for fresh blood, and did care to ask if it was pure Brahma. Seemed like a decent guy.
It's good in a way, but on the other hand I really want to build up my own clientele, particulary for my pekins. I know not everyone wants to hatch their own but some want them as day olds and some want them fully grown ready for the table. I enjoy hatching and growing the ducks they bring me calm

A friend of mine had two enormous shar pei dogs. Like this. . View attachment 2034136
They were pretty aggressive too. Probably not the fault of the dogs. . but man I hated those dogs. Nasty mean things and they stunk so freaking bad!
They were super protective of their family I'll give them that. One time I started to swat a fly on the coffee table next to the chair where my friend was holding her youngin. One of those nasty dogs thought I was going to hit the baby and pinned me back down in the chair as I started to get up. .big fat drooling itchy growling cujo right in my face ready to rip my head off if moved a muscle.
I almost poopd my pants.

Those poor dogs. :( and poor you! But poor dogs. They don’t sound like they had a very good owner. If they stunk it is probably because they were not cleaning out the folds and wrinkles like they were supposed to and/or not bathing them regularly and they probably had some gnarly skin and/or fungal infections in those folds. :( and if they were itchy, they were probably allergic to something. Probably a food or environmental allergy. Or maybe just dang itchy because of the infections!! And they clearly did not have good structure or leadership or rules or anything... so I say again... those poor dogs. :( they sound like the type of people who should not even have dogs!! Let alone such high maintenance, protective ones!

Those poor dogs. :( and poor you! But poor dogs. They don’t sound like they had a very good owner. If they stunk it is probably because they were not cleaning out the folds and wrinkles like they were supposed to and/or not bathing them regularly and they probably had some gnarly skin and/or fungal infections in those folds. :( and if they were itchy, they were probably allergic to something. Probably a food or environmental allergy. Or maybe just dang itchy because of the infections!! And they clearly did not have good structure or leadership or rules or anything... so I say again... those poor dogs. :( they sound like the type of people who should not even have dogs!! Let alone such high maintenance, protective ones!
The dogs weren't itchy. .their skin made me itch.
Not just those ones. .I've petted other ones too. .They all have made me itch.

But yeah. . they couldn't/ didn't take care of them properly.

Working on integration this afternoon. I bright the Eng Orps out of their pin. So far the ladies have been just fine. The cockerel got inserted in to the pecking order right away. The "wosre" has actually came from the guinea, then the pack mentality of the Silkie boys kicked and they joined her... :he Those 3 really do make their own flock.

I was suprised with Sully and Umbra both. They simply said "Rawr, I'm number 1" and "Boo, I'm number 2" and that was about it.

Overall though it's going well. I'm just doing the last few hours of the day, then back in the pin to sleep. I'll do the same thing tomorrow and if it goes well I'll start working on transitioning them to the Shack to sleep.

View attachment 2034096View attachment 2034097View attachment 2034098View attachment 2034099

They're so majestic!! Lay some eggs, orpingtons!!

The dogs weren't itchy. .their skin made me itch.
Not just those ones. .I've petted other ones too. .They all have made me itch.

But yeah. . they couldn't/ didn't take care of them properly.

Ohhh sorry. I misread. I thought you were saying they were itchy since it was in the description with all the other dog traits haha

But that sucks! Are you allergic to dogs? :(

And yeah, I know you hated them, and understandably so, but I feel bad for them haha

I bet with proper care and training they could have been great. :(

Ohhh sorry. I misread. I thought you were saying they were itchy since it was in the description with all the other dog traits haha

But that sucks! Are you allergic to dogs? :(

And yeah, I know you hated them, and understandably so, but I feel bad for them haha

I bet with proper care and training they could have been great. :(
I have never been allergic to other dogs. Just that breed.

Back
Top Bottom