I would love to have some of these to use for the sex link project. They are breed purely for egg color and are not to standard which is fine for what I want to do. The site says their main rooster comes from a proven #8 bloodline (Marans color scale is 1-9) and throws 6-7s.
20200227_080907.jpg

Using the Golden Cuckoo girls is going to lighten the color of w/e Marans rooster used. Their eggs just are not a dark as the Black Coppers. Judging by Mrs Blue's eggs, I'm assuming Sully did not come from a dark egg. I don't know if those 2 are actual siblings but they did come in on the same order from GFF.

Depending on how serious I want to take the chocolate egg sex links, I'm thinking Sully might not be the best rooster to use. I'm sure he'd produce some beautiful babies with the FGCM, but I don't think he'd produce the egg color I want to go for. This is the mixture I'd get with BB x GC...
Screenshot_20200227-080813_Opera.jpg

I dunno... just thumbing through some ideas... ;)

Nice an warm inside 23 outside with inch an half of fluffy stuff. suppose to be 33 today for a high. with wind blowing around 40 mile an hr. So funny went an opened the door to let everyone out and my Muscovy drake looked out an saw the snow and said nope. He finally came out as did all the ducks but the Runners went right back inside. More snow for tonight then back to 55 on Sunday. Crazy weather. Be careful of those ice balls.
Wind is high today, too. It's 33 here already.
Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 8.13.45 AM.png

My chickens and ducks went exploring into the neighbors field, might I add their field is across our swamps and streams, and is a bit of a walk? So, my shoes got all muddy while the ducks were enjoying watching me suffer in their water wonderland. The chickens just went further down everytime I got closer to moving them back into our field.

Hi there Chris, by chance will you keep this dog, sounds like the perfect one.
There is a small chance. The reason my friend is in Australia is because his fiance lives there. They are working with immigration to get him over here, but it's proving to be difficult. If they are not able to work something out there is a chance they'll just move to South America. If that happens then Bella is going to come back and stay here. For now it's just while her owner is on vacation. If it turns out to be permanent it likely wouldn't be till the end of the year or later.

She is the perfect fit though. Plus Mary already knows and likes her. Jonah loves the snot out of her too. She's a little stubborn but the worse of it is just if she smells something while walking. If she stops, so are you, no questions asked. ;)

Some shots of this mornings play time. Bella does come alive and get quite playful with Dino. She just kind of jumps around throwing her body weight. No bites or clar swipes. She does have this thing where she kind of bear hugs Duno with a single front leg. At one point Dino was stood directly under her, and poor Bella couldn't figure out how to get him. Loki just stands on the sides cheering them on.
20200227_081826.jpg
20200227_081829.jpg
20200227_082632.jpg
20200227_082328.jpg
20200227_082708.jpg
20200227_082800.jpg
20200227_082857.jpg
20200227_082831.jpg
20200227_083035.jpg
20200227_082939.jpg

I don't doubt it, lol. I had a friend over, show her the silkies I'd be breeding together, she loved Justice, my buff, anyways. My new duck, Storm, (Who is very bossy) followed us up, she is very skittish, but she isn't afraid to approach you. Came up behind her and quacked her little head off, I don't know what she thought she was doing, but my friend just stood there going "Aww, she's a sweetheart" Ya.. we'll go with that :lau :rolleyes:

Bella has been much happier without Lucky, he likes spending time with the others, he isn't aggressive towards any of them, he knows that Mr.Echo is the boss, though, he rather be alone since the ducks just want to be in the water.

Some shots of this mornings play time. Bella does come alive and get quite playful with Dino. She just kind of jumps around throwing her body weight. No bites or clar swipes. She does have this thing where she kind of bear hugs Duno with a single front leg. At one point Dino was stood directly under her, and poor Bella couldn't figure out how to get him. Loki just stands on the sides cheering them on.
View attachment 2036725View attachment 2036726View attachment 2036727View attachment 2036728View attachment 2036729View attachment 2036730View attachment 2036731View attachment 2036732View attachment 2036733View attachment 2036734
Dino is so small compared to Bella :lau:lau

That's great Bella is much better. I hate it so bad when one gets so beaten down. One reason I will not have a rooster or drake that can't behave himself. My flock is such a family and when there is friction everyone is unhappy, and me too.
Ya, I love my drakes, but some just can't fuse together, Lucky was a great pet, but not a great duck, at least towards the others. The place he went to has multiple hens for himself, they loved him dearly and send me pictures.

Back
Top Bottom