So we signed a tour today and all I can think about is expanding my chicken coop. I'm sure I have some kind of unhealthy poultry disease, lol.

Someone talk me out of buying hatching eggs from Papa's Poultry. K thanks.
Don't look at me. They've got 55F eggs... I might just pitch in with ya lol

Don't look at me. They've got 55F eggs... I might just pitch in with ya lol

Look at these! Autosexing AND a dark egg? I'm drooling over here... send help.

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 8.25.26 PM.png

Look at these! Autosexing AND a dark egg? I'm drooling over here... send help.

View attachment 2047419
Lol, yes those are very pretty birds too. If you'd be interested in either a 1 year or 3 month old boys, let me know. I got the hook up on the fellas! This guy is coming out of quarantine... oops, 2 days ago. Guess I'm running late. I know you already said no... but he's so pretty, eh? :D
20200213_081300.jpg

So they are autosexing, but not the easiest to sex in my opinion. (That's what my 2 pullets i thought where cockerels are) They also lay s lighter shade egg for Marans. That being said, they are the variety I'm wanting to use for my sex link chocolate egg layer. My goal is to get closer to the BCM egg color.

Now... If you'd like, I have 9 eggs from Mrs Blue in the incubator. Her and Sully are both Blue Birchen Marans. Personally I'm hoping for Ayam Cemani crosses, but if there are some purebred, you're welcome to some. She lays a slightly darker egg than most of the Golden Cuckoos do.
20200303_082517.jpg
20200309_212426.jpg

I think a dollar an egg is fair. You need to make money to feed your family. But I'd advise against advertising a teacher discount because you will likely be mobbed. Save it for private messaging. Schoolings different here, but we did the whole chick thing at our school. Our senior ag (agriculture) class would hatch the eggs and the junior class was then incharge of rearing the day old chicks. We would feed and clean and weigh the chicks every second day. Some were even shown. The rest sold. I don't know if the schools there have an ag plot where they can have animals but its an idea and another study in itself to rear the chicks/ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom