Yes I do, verry much. It's like the more advanced technology gets, expanding or ability to communicate, the less our ability to do so is.

There is a theory that's a bit silly, but the concept I understand. Of course I can't find it to quite it. Let's call it the "Shock Value Time Distance." The question was asked "If George Washington was to come back to a different timeline, how far in the future from his own timeline would he need to go to die from shock do to changes in society?" The answer they came up with was 200 years. Lets just give that a value of S²⁰⁰. Technology today is advancing faster than ever in our history. To the point, "they" believe that if you are 70 years old and living your "S" value is actually only S⁷⁰. Meaning the world has changed enough in some people's current life it's believed if they went straight from 1950 to current time, the shock of civilizations advancement would kill them. That's baffling to me. If you apply that equation to civilizations like the Egyptians, the S value goes up to like S²⁰⁰⁰.

I think our availability to communicate has weakened our ability. Yet, I can't seem to put my phone down most of the time. It's quite the conundrum. ;)
I often think I was born in the wrong time period. People seem alot more offended then they use to be. But my theory on that is because we've taken away tone of voice and body language and are just using text. So people are free to translate it how ever they choose, and it is often influenced by their own emotions on the topic. And on the other side, when we do have conversations over the phone or in person, people are no longer able to translate it because we are so use to deciding for ourselves what the appropriate emotion intended is it becomes a scrambled mess. Hopefully that makes sense

I often think I was born in the wrong time period. People seem alot more offended then they use to be. But my theory on that is because we've taken away tone of voice and body language and are just using text. So people are free to translate it how ever they choose, and it is often influenced by their own emotions on the topic. And on the other side, when we do have conversations over the phone or in person, people are no longer able to translate it because we are so use to deciding for ourselves what the appropriate emotion intended is it becomes a scrambled mess. Hopefully that makes sense
I completely agree. Not begging able to read emotion via text is aggravating.

After I quit working in kitchens I got a job at a printing facility. Thats where I learned my love for written text. I enjoyed the textiles of the papers, the smells of the vegetable based inks, sound of the printing press. I understood why people from generations before me where concerned with printed text being the next art to disappear.

Most of the people I worked with where women in the age range of 45-70+. Most where 25+ years older than I. As someone who was born in '82 and grew up with the age of the internet, I didn't see anything wrong with the progression of technology. Even today I fully support the advancement but that more because I don't want to get left behind and technology waits for nobody. It does excite me too, which is a catch 22 of its own. Those ladies I worked with though taught me to enjoy some of the slower and more simple things in life. They called me Mr. G, short for Mr Google because I'd have an answer for anything just as fast as my internet connection was. That's when I gues I started realizing the effects our communication tech had at actually distancing us.

Well, I came home today with more chicks :p One that I'm pretty sure is an EE bantam, and two that are Dutch, I think.

Also, I'm becoming concerned that I somehow managed to hatch all female Liege Fighters. Better than all roosters, I guess, but I definitely do need a male. Hopefully someone starts looking roostery soon.

giphy.gif

Me too lol I was “too tired” to decorate my new bird cage all night but then all of a sudden got energy at like midnight or 1 ish and well now here I am :lau cause of course I had to perfect everything and put everything in the EXACT right spot and move it to another room right this second instead of sleeping 😂🙈🤦‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom