:frow Good morning Tooshay, have a great day and I hope your chicks arrive today

Good morning everyone! Must of been a cold front that came through! Almost a solid week of 60’s-80 degree temps to low 40’s today 👎🏼

new ducklings came yesterday! Oh how I just missed those zoomies!!! 😆
:frow Good morning Jaykay, have a great day. I hope the little one perks up.

@Miss Lydia Not sure why she hasn’t perked up like the rest. Ordered 9 (one dead on arrival but had been dead awhile) so of the 8 two weren’t as silly as the rest but they all drank when I got them set up in the brooder (3p.m.). By 5ish they were all performing the normal eat, drink, poop, zoom, sleep and repeat routine except for this one. There is Nutri Drench mixed in the water and of course niacin in the food but I haven’t seen her eat at all and she only drinks when I pick her up and move her to the water dish. I did some TLC with her last night: heated blanket cocoon, vitamin b infused Nutri Drench formula in dropped to force some intake of fluids every so often. But she still is extremely lethargic this morning 🤷🏻‍♀️
I hope your baby gets perked up here soon. :hugs

I have a lame hen right now too. :(
I think she ingested some of poisonous plant, but we have so many that grow wild I'm not sure what it is.
She's looking better today, but yesterday I wasn't sure if she'd make it through the night. Luckily she was very edgar to eat/drink this morning and her poop is going back to a normal consistency.

I have Americans and Africans . the African are not bad during breeding but my Americans holy you no what , they are very aggressive during this time no one is safe . lol I would keep geese pen away from kids my African gander is as tall as you kids Chris. lost one of my chickens yesterday think it was a fox I can not free range except when I am home.

@007Sean @Miss Lydia @Magnolia Ducks @duluthralphie
I've reconsidered the geese... Mainly because I'm picking up more ducklings later today. At least 7, going for more like 27... These will be more of the KC crosses I already bought, I'm buying him out, and reselling most of them.

I've also inquired about $3 Peking week olds. I'd pickup a batch of those if I can get 20 @ $2.50...

The ducklings here are selling just like pullets are. Never a better time to to capitalize on buying higher quantities at a discount. I got $10 per week old Ancona, no questions asked... It would be nice if this large pin could be paid for with some wheeling and dealing.

lost one of my chickens yesterday think it was a fox I can not free range except when I am home.
That stinks. :(
I'm sorry to hear that.

I think for now it's best I just not get geese. Seems like an idea that should be planned out and not done on impulse. Which is exactly what I'm feeling, impulsive. :oops:

Here's the pin I built. It's not all that fancy, and has some flaws, but it's secure and square. Base measures 55" x 96" with about $50 in supplies used. This was built for ducks, but a roost would be easy to add.

20200409_082257.jpg
20200409_082306.jpg
20200409_082329.jpg
20200409_082344.jpg
20200409_082444.jpg
20200409_082511.jpg

I have Americans and Africans . the African are not bad during breeding but my Americans holy you no what , they are very aggressive during this time no one is safe . lol I would keep geese pen away from kids my African gander is as tall as you kids Chris. lost one of my chickens yesterday think it was a fox I can not free range except when I am home.
:frow Good morning Donkeydew, have a great day. So sorry you lost one :hugs

sorry you lost a chicken @donkeydew2farms your babies are so precious!

I had my geese when my grandkinds were small but they stayed behind the fence unless I went in with them. Actually my gander was intrigued with my grand dd he would just stand and stare are her. Never licked his lips once either. But I would never had left them alone.

Back
Top Bottom