Good morning folks :frow

The closest I've seen for "Auto Cleaning" was actually for geese and its somewhere on youtube. The guy mounted a stock tank on a wagon, put a 2" drain on one end with an electric (solar) valve on a timer. And he had a hose with a float valve to fill it. He ran a long flexible hose (Pex I think) from the drain to his fruit trees. The drain valve would open and stay open long enough to drain the pool and rinse before closing. It looked cool in the video, but I have no idea how it really worked.

Oh wow, that's intense. I was thinking of having a similar set up on the big stock tank as the smaller kiddie pool. We'll build a deck on one side of the tank and put a large drain in with a valve. If the filter helps, cool, if not, I'll just have it drain into the garden as needed.

Has anyone ever added plants to their duck tank? Would the ducks just eat them?

That’s funny,being born and raised In north Florida we had to bring truck loads of dirt in to even have grass. Now when fencing goes up over the years the terrain changes and instead of fencing laying flat on the ground there begins a slight move and there’s a gap. Of course my chickens don’t help either they think every thing is to be excavated.

Back
Top Bottom