Oh wow that’s awesome!!!! That’s funny they don’t like it even though that’s a pretty big space. 😂🤣

I need to expand my run. It’s too small. :oops: I try to let them free range every day too but I’d still like to expand it. I actually have the stuff to do it but currently the panels are being used for my chick’s pen 😂🤣🙈🙈

How many birds do you have?

They're spoiled brats, that's why! lol. Once they get used to free ranging all day every day, there's no going back. They have plenty of nice space and deep shade, but if I leave them in their run, you'd think I was killing them. 😒 I try to explain the reasoning, but it goes in one ear and out the other, I guess.

I think I'm up to 50-60 chickens at the moment. I ordered 30ish chicks during the "pandemic madness" and we'll be finding homes for probably about 1/3 of them that I can tell are roosters. Ultimately my goal is to be at 40-45 chickens, with most of those being large breed layers.

In the quack shack we have 5 ducks and 2 chinese geese. But I'm sure duck math will hit at some point so I went ahead and made the run as big as I could.

I also have 5 spoiled goats that have a nice barn and an acre pasture and they refuse to do anything except sit in their hay feeder 5 feet from the barn everyday. 😂

IMG_5699.JPG

So basically, don't feel bad if your ducks/critters don't have all of the room in the world. Sometimes even if you give it to them, they don't care. :gig

That is hilarious! Didn’t you say a predator got one of your goats?

Yes, we had a 6th goat. :hit Poor Zelda was killed by a bobcat. I can't wait until Apollo dog is old enough to spend his days guarding everyone outside. He's so good with all of the chickens and ducks, it's unreal. I know some say that it takes a while for most livestock dogs to be poultry safe, and I don't want to jinx it, but I may have the exception to the rule. He's never gone after any of the poultry, and he loves them. Such an old soul.

They're spoiled brats, that's why! lol. Once they get used to free ranging all day every day, there's no going back. They have plenty of nice space and deep shade, but if I leave them in their run, you'd think I was killing them. 😒 I try to explain the reasoning, but it goes in one ear and out the other, I guess.

I think I'm up to 50-60 chickens at the moment. I ordered 30ish chicks during the "pandemic madness" and we'll be finding homes for probably about 1/3 of them that I can tell are roosters. Ultimately my goal is to be at 40-45 chickens, with most of those being large breed layers.

In the quack shack we have 5 ducks and 2 chinese geese. But I'm sure duck math will hit at some point so I went ahead and made the run as big as I could.

I also have 5 spoiled goats that have a nice barn and an acre pasture and they refuse to do anything except sit in their hay feeder 5 feet from the barn everyday. 😂

View attachment 2168617

So basically, don't feel bad if your ducks/critters don't have all of the room in the world. Sometimes even if you give it to them, they don't care. :gig
Oh wow that’s hilarious!!! Hahah maybe move the feeder across the pasture!? 😂🤣

Mine are spoiled brats too and will scream until I let them out hahah

View attachment 2168617

I am so jealous. I always wanted Nigerian dwarfs and built a barn for them. Then I couldn't find any. Axis deer, antelope even Zebras but no goats. :barnie

Back
Top Bottom