I’m sorry about your goat:( that great Apollo is doing so well with everyone! Have seen him lately got any new pics?

Well if you insist. 😎 The last time I posted pictures he looked like this. In a few short weeks, he's become a towering giant.

IMG_2568 copy.jpeg

This was a few weeks ago, he was hanging out in the chicken enclosure.
IMG_2739 copy.jpeg

Patrolling the garden a week or two ago...
IMG_3274.jpeg

And this week he's been enjoying some leisure time inside for most of the day... it's been above 90 degrees (F) and SO humid. We haven't been out much.

IMG_3490.jpeg
IMG_3513.jpeg
IMG_3531.jpeg

That last picture was from this afternoon. They were waiting on their whipped cream treat from my husband and I couldn't figure out when he got to be as big as Cosmo, but obviously he is! So crazy. He just turned 5 months old yesterday, and Cosmo turned 2 on Thursday.

That is so neat! Is the water shallow enough for you to wade through? What kind of wild ducks call this place home?
In parts it's knee deep and you can walk across but other parts it's really deep. We call them all wood ducks, but apparently we have afew wild duck breeds. I may have to look at them closer and see which ones we have. We definetly have whistling duck and wood duck, sometimes magpie geese, black swans and spoon bills.

I agree we need an Apollo update! Biscuits is 99% good with the birds. The problems not him going after them so much as when his puppiness kicks in and he wants to play. He will try play tag with the ducks and given his huge size and strength he is likely to either run one over with the zoomies or squish it's head with his huge paw tagging them.
20200528_164622.jpg
20200528_164301.jpg

I believe it was probably me that gave that impression because OP was talking about putting their 2 week old duckling outside by it self my apologies.
I'm not fhe op I don't think, if you thought I amwas XD. Either way, no issues here. Doing the best I can with my situation and the things I have available to me. Their my mom's chickens and iget doare my best to help out since I live here and love having the animals to. Though mom's got so many chicks coming in that it's hard to keep up. We have 14 chicks now, 10 pr so jersey giants that are due soon, meat birds she also ordered along with another egg layer, and a friend had sent her barred rock hatching eggs. Have no idea how we're going to fit them all when they all arrive.

So here's someone who's delusional:

18c97111ae8083d2d0dde6f285161bbc.png

The ad's been up for over a week and they've had no takers. Which is just shocking, I wonder why.

I'm positive they just rolled up to Tractor Supply and bought these ducks three weeks ago and decided that they could sell them for a hefty profit. Clearly they've never done poultry before or they'd be aware the price they're asking is ridiculous.

Good morning folks :frow

The du

has been seperated for several nights with a spare heat lamp. We did go to wrap that other chick but when we went to get it, it had gotten better enough that we, weren't able to tell wich one it was. We counted, none were missing either. We were going to wrap it like i'd found that a, vet had done as best we could, but could no longer tell wich one it was. We are keeping an eye out for it again if what ever was wrong starts happening again. Tell me this, is it good to guess wich one it is and imobilize it only for it to be a completely healthy one???
I know you do your best within the limits you have to work with :hugs:hugs

So here's someone who's delusional:

18c97111ae8083d2d0dde6f285161bbc.png

The ad's been up for over a week and they've had no takers. Which is just shocking, I wonder why.

I'm positive they just rolled up to Tractor Supply and bought these ducks three weeks ago and decided that they could sell them for a hefty profit. Clearly they've never done poultry before or they'd be aware the price they're asking is ridiculous.
Make them an offer just to get them away from there. Then find them homes where they will be loved and cared for. That’s awful people using animals like that.

They're spoiled brats, that's why! lol. Once they get used to free ranging all day every day, there's no going back. They have plenty of nice space and deep shade, but if I leave them in their run, you'd think I was killing them. 😒 I try to explain the reasoning, but it goes in one ear and out the other, I guess.

I think I'm up to 50-60 chickens at the moment. I ordered 30ish chicks during the "pandemic madness" and we'll be finding homes for probably about 1/3 of them that I can tell are roosters. Ultimately my goal is to be at 40-45 chickens, with most of those being large breed layers.

In the quack shack we have 5 ducks and 2 chinese geese. But I'm sure duck math will hit at some point so I went ahead and made the run as big as I could.

I also have 5 spoiled goats that have a nice barn and an acre pasture and they refuse to do anything except sit in their hay feeder 5 feet from the barn everyday. 😂

View attachment 2168617

So basically, don't feel bad if your ducks/critters don't have all of the room in the world. Sometimes even if you give it to them, they don't care. :gig
I love the goats always wanted one.

Well if you insist. 😎 The last time I posted pictures he looked like this. In a few short weeks, he's become a towering giant.

View attachment 2168936

This was a few weeks ago, he was hanging out in the chicken enclosure.
View attachment 2168937

Patrolling the garden a week or two ago...
View attachment 2168938

And this week he's been enjoying some leisure time inside for most of the day... it's been above 90 degrees (F) and SO humid. We haven't been out much.

View attachment 2168939View attachment 2168941View attachment 2168942

That last picture was from this afternoon. They were waiting on their whipped cream treat from my husband and I couldn't figure out when he got to be as big as Cosmo, but obviously he is! So crazy. He just turned 5 months old yesterday, and Cosmo turned 2 on Thursday.
they look like book ends lol.

Back
Top Bottom