The horn worms are manageable for me. With only 6 tomato plants each year I am able to keep them picked off. But the aphids are my nemesis! Oh, and the dang squash bugs! Grrrr! And I love squash and zucchini.
Can you buy aphid predators there? I buy Aphidius wasps sometimes. They are tiny, and cannot hurt people, but they kill aphids.

Good morning folks :frow Good evening Wunda & Kiwi :frow

Wunda, that weird white stuff is parasitic wasp eggs... Folks say if you see that, let them keep eating as once the wasps hatch they'll get rid of the rest of the worms.
Good morning, Bob! Hello everyone else.

Yes, I'd even spread the caterpillars with parasites around amongst any without. Parasites can be very efficient at solving pest problems.

Ugh wasps... they are bugs I do not like. Majority of ours are bitey and I am allergic to them. @Kiwibird do you have fruit fly over there? How about where you are in America Bob? Saturdays been good here. I planted 8? Packets of seeds just before the rain started falling so seeds have best start possible.
Yes, unfortunately we do have fruit flies. We also have something I find weird but interesting to watch and that's the assassin fly. They kill wasps. They catch them in mid flight and then inject them with poison, then drop them someplace secure so they can come back later for dinner.

Yikes I only have big predators. I thought my coop was secure I never had a problem for 2years. Night before last, something pulled poor Bogo out of the coop and ate him. He weighed 5 pounds, 2 kilos, so I am amazed. Somehow it got Sue out too. She weighs about 1 1/2 pounds, half a kilo. It didn't eat her but she spent the night out alone. I was amazed to find her uninjured and ready to come in. I can't figure out how this happened but reinforced the coop.

Back
Top Bottom