I am so relieved that no one made mention of us southies. We speak perfect English. Ya'll agree right? Maybe you did already say how perfect we speak.

Good morning Bob!
:frow Good morning Patti, have a great day... Everyone says I talk funny:gig
They do, every sentence ends with it. I think up there a period is pronounced ay
:frow Good morning Ralphie, have a great day

Up here it’s spoken as “cya t’morror”

We just say “pardon?”

From Missouri south they speak some weird language they claim is English, but it’s not.
My greatest accent challenge was in Indiana: Folks there don't speak, they kind of sing every sentence in a continuous stream. Started right at the rental-car station: »Whatkinocaryulikeahave?« me: ?????

I am friends with a little 80 year old lady I met at work who is from Germany. I used to have a hard time understanding her. I've listened to her enough now, I love to listen to her talk and tell stories. She is hilarious.

Your voice reminds me of hers!
"Jeeezus christ...brooody ducks!"

I laugh just thinking of that video. 😂
Weeell, i am from Germany too and despite being here for almost 13 years now, that accent won't go away.

My greatest accent challenge was in Indiana: Folks there don't speak, they kind of sing every sentence in a continuous stream. Started right at the rental-car station: »Whatkinocaryulikeahave?« me: ?????
:frow Good morning Hillbilly, have a great day. My biggest challenge was the black forest. I learned and apparently spoke with an Eifel dialect.

Weeell, i am from Germany too and despite being here for almost 13 years now, that accent won't go away.
Yes I knew you were!
She's been here since she was around 17 or 18. I suppose her accent has probably changed a little since then but she still has a unique style of speaking that is a bit different than anyone else I know.

Back
Top Bottom