Usually chickens learn pretty quick that getting into a kiddy pool isn’t any fun. Do they accidentally fall in or get in on purpose? My chickens drink out of the kiddy pool but only ever worried about young chicks falling in. So if I have youngins they aren’t kept where pools and buckets are.

No, they are coarse haired with a low center of gravity. They are loaded with ticks and fleas.

Prairie dogs are like fat squirrels, kind of.
Ground hogs are not the cute creatures the movies show.
Tell me about it! - We had one digging under our porch, it took six dux to evict him!

I have Peking ducks that swim in a 5' diameter 18" deep kiddie pond, even in the winter. My Silkie hens have been getting into the pond and nearly freezing, but I got them out in time and dried them off and warmed them up and they are fine now. I had to empty the pond to protect them so the ducks now only have a small 10" deep container to use for eating and cleaning their feathers.
I want to have the pond for them this spring thru fall. What can I do to protect the chickens from the pond but still allow the ducks free use of the pond?
Chickens go into water voluntarily ?!? - First time i hear that! Usually chickens are scared to death by water that is deeper than a humon hair or two.

Chickens go into water voluntarily ?!? - First time i hear that! Usually chickens are scared to death by water that is deeper than a humon hair or two.
I have a friend with chickens that float in her swimming pool when it’s hot outside.

Back
Top Bottom