Good Day, Afternoon, Evening Night or Morning everybody on the Blue Marble! 🌎

There is a bright, yellowish object visible in the sky here today! I haven't seen it for such a long time that i forgot its name, it looks like this: ☀
I see the same thing here? I was worried about going outside because of it. But it’s such a pleasant day today. 7degrees and no wind.

I was going to try using C instead of F thinking that might make it seem warmer. That failed. It’s negative 14 c...

I see the same thing here? I was worried about going outside because of it. But it’s such a pleasant day today. 7degrees and no wind.

I was going to try using C instead of F thinking that might make it seem warmer. That failed. It’s negative 14 c...
It is the other way around! - We have that joke about the American tourists, dressed in a warm jacket, sweatshirt, long trousers and socks on a warm summer day because the weather report predicted 32° (Celsius).
And then there is that dummy who bought a temperature sensor that during the calibration with ice-water reported 32° (Fahrenheit) - that sensor must be faulty…
If you want to feel warmer, use the Kelvin scale: Your thermometer would show a "cozy" 259.15 K. 😲

Why is there so many ways to measure temp?
Because there is an even larger amount of ways to measure length, weight and area…
:idunno
I guess in the dark-age everybody developed their own way of measuring things and there was no global information exchange to define a common ground. - By the way, the Celsius scale was first defined invers too: 0° was the boiling point of water and 100° was the freezing mark. So at the moment it is 92° old Celsius outside here… 😋

Because there is an even larger amount of ways to measure length, weight and area…
:idunno
I guess in the dark-age everybody developed their own way of measuring things and there was no global information exchange to define a common ground. - By the way, the Celsius scale was first defined invers too: 0° was the boiling point of water and 100° was the freezing mark. So at the moment it is 92° old Celsius outside here… 😋
You’re making my brain hurt :gig

Back
Top Bottom