Good Morning, Day, Afternoon, Evening or Night to everybody on the Blue Marble! 🌏

Cold, cold cold! Yesterday evening the ducks went inside the duck house on their own and only the hard core came back out to try the supper-bowl. I don't know how cold it is outside because the outdoor thermometer's battery froze and cracked. 😮 (Note to myself: Don't put dollar-store batteries into the outdorr-thermometer!)

Good Morning, Day, Afternoon, Evening or Night to everybody on the Blue Marble! 🌏

Cold, cold cold! Yesterday evening the ducks went inside the duck house on their own and only the hard core came back out to try the supper-bowl. I don't know how cold it is outside because the outdoor thermometer's battery froze and cracked. 😮 (Note to myself: Don't put dollar-store batteries into the outdorr-thermometer!)
:frowGood morning Hillbilly, have a great day and stay warm

Babies. They are very peepish and scared right now so I’m giving them some time to settle down.

587DAE46-34CD-4BE4-8FBB-436BCF419FF5.jpeg
3B1BFAE7-17BF-494C-BB2C-8832381D3328.jpeg

What a nice mixed flock of ducks! :love You have heavier breeds than i have - well started with. Some of my mixed breed birds got really "bulky".

Now who's the glutton?
Thank you. I like my quirky little flock of non breed standard birds. Even if I spent a small fortune on "show quality" silver appleyard eggs they are still pretty. I have one pekin hen whose a good kg heavier then the others. If she doesn't start laying soon I may turn her into bacon. I am missing my breakfast eggs

Thank you. I like my quirky little flock of non breed standard birds. Even if I spent a small fortune on "show quality" silver appleyard eggs they are still pretty. I have one pekin hen whose a good kg heavier then the others. If she doesn't start laying soon I may turn her into bacon. I am missing my breakfast eggs
Nooouu! Please don't eat Afflac! :oops: :gig

I almost "parked" my car in the creek today: All wheel drive is pretty much useless when your driveway has turned into a solid sh¡t of ice. Slid downhill about 20 meters before i could turn the car sideways. Left the car and crawled home on all four. Strange thing is that i drove down the driveway two hours earlier without problems.
Car is secured now with shims under the downhill wheels and i hope tomorrow i can get it out. It is supposed to be 8° (46F) and sunny, so that ice will hopefully melt. I also applied a generous amount of salt…

Good morning folks :frow Good evening Wunda & Kiwi :frow

Babies. They are very peepish and scared right now so I’m giving them some time to settle down.

View attachment 2514671View attachment 2514672
So adorable :love

I almost "parked" my car in the creek today: All wheel drive is pretty much useless when your driveway has turned into a solid sh¡t of ice. Slid downhill about 20 meters before i could turn the car sideways. Left the car and crawled home on all four. Strange thing is that i drove down the driveway two hours earlier without problems.
Car is secured now with shims under the downhill wheels and i hope tomorrow i can get it out. It is supposed to be 8° (46F) and sunny, so that ice will hopefully melt. I also applied a generous amount of salt…
Hillbilly, be careful with that ice.

Cat litter helps too. Not the clumping kind.

Back
Top Bottom