Do german liscences have an expiration that just isn't marked? Garden cart! Is that what a 4 wheeled wheel barrow is called? Mine has a tippy function. Thinking of grabbing new tyres from bunnings tomorrow
Yes, the garden cart has four wheels and i will replace those with solid rubber tires, as i already did for my rolling garden-seat. Those pneumatic tires don't go well together with gravel and hawthorn twigs…
And my garden cart has no tipping function, but i can take the sidewalls off and use it as a flatbed - for three to four strawbales.
The wheelbarrow on the other hand is a tipping function:
1620415019306.png

That's why i could haul only one strawbale at once. With two, the center of mass became too elevated and could no longer balance it out.

The old German licenses indeed had no expiration date, neither printed, nor by design.
But they have changed the law - retroactive, causing plenty of court work - and now the actual drivers-licenses do expire. Only the license-document itself, not the license to drive. So we have to exchange our old drivers licenses into new ones and pay a fee, of course. I have until 2023 before my license expires.
I don't know how to translate this, in Germany you have the allowance to drive after you pass the tests and that will not be revoked unless yo do BS. And then there is the document itself with the picture and that does expire in the future and must be replaced, but a new test is not necessary (yet).
Wow! Our renewal test is just a quick read the third or fifth line on the eye chart and update wether you now need glasses, but mainly to see if you would like to now list as an organ donor on your liscence.

:frow Good afternoon Hillbilly, have a great day...

I remember going in to take my Florida driver's test... Lady asked who my backup driver was and I told her me. Had my German license, My Military license, my international license and the one I was surrendering the Indiana license a long with a letter from the state stating that it was valid for another 3 years. The lady looked really confused.
There's international liscences too?? I was impressed as a kid when dad and his friend were comparing truck liscences, his friend was only liscenced to drive trucks in his home state but my dad was liscenced to drive trucks nationally

:frow Good afternoon Hillbilly, have a great day...

I remember going in to take my Florida driver's test... Lady asked who my backup driver was and I told her me. Had my German license, My Military license, my international license and the one I was surrendering the Indiana license a long with a letter from the state stating that it was valid for another 3 years. The lady looked really confused.
You got one of the gray rags? :thumbsup

There's international liscences too?? I was impressed as a kid when dad and his friend were comparing truck liscences, his friend was only liscenced to drive trucks in his home state but my dad was liscenced to drive trucks nationally
Well commercial licenses are a whole different story! Everywhere. And that's a good thing, because trucks are heavy. As my driving instructor always said »40 tons always have the priority!«

What on earth are you going to do with them? Refurbish the house?
I have built all kinds of stuff from these pallets:
  • The inside walls of the duck-house are made with pallet-boards
  • The shelf for the feeder in the run is made from ¼ pallet
  • The brackets for the waterer in the run is made from pallet-boards
  • Our package box is made from six pallets
  • The floating island for the ducks in the pond (that the ducks think will eat them whole, so they don't use it)
Future plans:
  • Some A-Frame shelters for the free ranging ducks, so they have some additional shade and cover from bops
  • A tiny house for the AC compressor unit
  • A small pier for the pond, so i can sit there and put my feet into the water
  • More raised garden beds
The pallets are all made from hard-wood, some are even treated. They won't rot and the wood is very resilient to abuse and weather.

Back
Top Bottom