What a week! Sooo much rain!! the night it wasn't supposed to rain,actually giving up on it completely I left my sons quail out in their hutch and we ended up with 70ml so we are now down to one quail and I am a horrible mother. But maybe not as horrible as the broody hen that let her babies drown because she decided to perch unlike the good broody mum who took her babies into the shed. Rising water ment I had to bring all my 8 week old babies back into my tiny tool shed where they are having an absolute ball, but I am not looking forward to washing it out. And then, yesterday I let all the big birds out only for my husband to let a dog out to move sheep and it tore a big hole in my last pekin. She's still alive, but you can imagine how upset she is confined to a small space when she knows how much water is around everywhere.

What a week! Sooo much rain!! the night it wasn't supposed to rain,actually giving up on it completely I left my sons quail out in their hutch and we ended up with 70ml so we are now down to one quail and I am a horrible mother. But maybe not as horrible as the broody hen that let her babies drown because she decided to perch unlike the good broody mum who took her babies into the shed. Rising water ment I had to bring all my 8 week old babies back into my tiny tool shed where they are having an absolute ball, but I am not looking forward to washing it out. And then, yesterday I let all the big birds out only for my husband to let a dog out to move sheep and it tore a big hole in my last pekin. She's still alive, but you can imagine how upset she is confined to a small space when she knows how much water is around everywhere.
I’m so sorry about your losses :hugs

Here are the newbies.
20211128_151641.jpg
20211128_152129.jpg

My little OEGB hen I had a total of 7 OEGB chickens at one time but they can fly well and would leave the yard and get picked off. So now I am down to just the 2. My little hen is very much independent my little roo thinks he's a ladies man. He really goes for the big hens which is hilarious because all he can do is stand on their backs. But he does like to nestle in between 2 of them for winter. Kind of like a down comforter I guess.

Back
Top Bottom