Good morning / evening folks :frow

My driveway is pretty much impassible. Amazon said I got a delivery yesterday, I wonder where they delivered????

img_20220117_094314-jpg.2963445

Good morning / evening folks :frow

My driveway is pretty much impassible. Amazon said I got a delivery yesterday, I wonder where they delivered????

img_20220117_094314-jpg.2963445
Likely at your post office. You'll probably get the package today.

Lost one of my white pigeons last night/early morning; most likely a hawk this morning.

The wife tells me it's to get up to 50F today-The sun is shining bright.

Anyone out there have experience with pregnant mini goats? This is our first year with them.

Would you believe I hiked up to our mail box which wasn't that easy since I don't have built-in snow shoes only to find no mail because it was a holiday I didn't even know about? I had gotten a message from eBay that my package had arrived. Then when I got to the mailbox looked on my phone again and it had been changed to arrive tomorrow which meant today. Bob you might want to take the shovel and see if you can find it.
My hike was at least good exercise. And I saw our hard road hadn't been touched yet.

Likely at your post office. You'll probably get the package today.

Lost one of my white pigeons last night/early morning; most likely a hawk this morning.

The wife tells me it's to get up to 50F today-The sun is shining bright.

Anyone out there have experience with pregnant mini goats? This is our first year with them.
So sorry about your pigeon.
Try going on BYC Herds there are members there who have them.
https://www.backyardherds.com/

So sorry about your pigeon.
Try going on BYC Herds there are members there who have them.
https://www.backyardherds.com/
There's enough others in the turkey shed. The pigeon had not been out of the nest long; the pigeons I have are very good at escaping the hawks-very fast fliers that once in the air only a falcon would be able to catch.

Our across the river neighbors had pigeons once beautiful white ones, they were so pretty when they would fly around. It took about a year for them to lose them all. Not sure how,. Actually, that is how I got my first Muscovy. Their ducks and chickens were getting picked off by predators and only a few made their escape to the river. Where I met them and fell in love.

Our across the river neighbors had pigeons once beautiful white ones, they were so pretty when they would fly around. It took about a year for them to lose them all. Not sure how,. Actually, that is how I got my first Muscovy. Their ducks and chickens were getting picked off by predators and only a few made their escape to the river. Where I met them and fell in love.
Many domestic pigeon are not fast flying and don't stand a chance with hawks. I was going to replace the pigeons I have with fantails, but because I enjoy watching them fly, decided to keep the birds I have. In a year the hawks have only caught two pigeons from my flock. Since pigeons nest year around here in TN, I consider the hawks to be pigeon birth control. You may think this inhumane. Pigeons stay much healthier when they have free flight. Better to be taken by the hawk than to live a shortened life shut in a cage. I have witnessed the hawks try to catch the pigeons many times. With their ability to do twists and turns in mid air and the incredible speed, I decided the pigeons were better off free.

Back
Top Bottom