Your ducks are not doing their job! What grass I have left is barely above the ground, here.
It would require at least 1,000 ducks to keep all the grass at bey here. I have about 2 hectares (5 acre) of grassland on my hill. I do need a one-axle tractor with a sickle-bar mower but am still saving for it.

I could really use another Sunday here!
I dug up another bed for the remaining strawberry plantsView attachment 3272325Today i will remove half of that loam - i might use some of it for pottery, always wanted to try this - and mix the rest with crude wood chips, then fill the bed up with a mix of fine wood chips and compost soil. Then next weekend i can plant the remaining strawberry plants.

Somehow the grass has grown extremely tall again here, i assume due to the heavy rains in August, followed by long periods of sunshine. If i don't mow it, it'll become a fire hazard in early winter. And i can use the opportunity to produce some additional hay for the ducks:
View attachment 3272367
Speaking of ducks, the ducknagers were joining me while i was mowing the grass with a noisy hedge trimmer (still don't have a sickle bar mower) and i smelled them behind my back! Are there duck breeds that are smellier than others?

Here are the rascals, sifting through the cut grass, searching for insects and seeds:
View attachment 3272375
There is so much grass left to mow, this will take the whole week…

So i could really use another Sunday!
Teenagers (the human kind) seem to have a certain pong to them, raging hormones ans all, maybe the same for ducknangers?

1664292208628.png

Back
Top Bottom