Good evening all. @Miss Lydia I will send you the rain bomb that's due here Wednesday. Who wants to tell my duck her eggs are infertile, and broodies are not supposed to lay an egg everyday?
20220929_061200.jpg

Well we could def use the rain.
Us too! - The forecast says 2-4 inches and the weathermen are all over the place with flash-flood warnings and river-warnings… The soil is bone dry here,m i had to water the mustard greens and the strawberries every evening for the last two weeks. A jack-hammer is necessary to dig in the loam.

And i got all the hay we have mowed during this week under the roof:
20220930_191356.jpg

No duck will be cold this winter! I don't have to buy any additional straw.
And wit a little bit of good weather, there is another half of pasture that should be mowed and can be turned into hay. If i can pull that off, the ducks have to learn how to dig tunnels in hay... 🤣

So far internet is on. We keep hoping this other company will call soon and come out for a site survey to see if we can hook up with them.
Still raining up there?
I believe it did soak in I'll know for sure when I go up and open the top gate its just plastic fencing with one of those sharp fence posts that I could hardly get into the ground last evening the ground was so hard.

Back
Top Bottom