8C / 45F in the trailer right now. Water bowl for dog and cats is half slush. My boots were stuck to the floor with ice. I haven't dared go outside yet.

Greetings all!
I hope you have propane. That is quite cold for inside. I hope you find everyone alive and safe.

Good Morning and Evening Everyone.

I hope you have propane. That is quite cold for inside. I hope you find everyone alive and safe.

Good Morning and Evening Everyone.
No propane currently. Yes, it's quite chilly inside, but I've get several layers on. Typing with gloves on is not easy!

Arctic blast moving in tonight, for the next couple of days. Wind chills of -49F. And the most ridiculous thing is it's going above freezing on Sunday!

I managed to round up as many of the ducks as I could, the stubborn ones under my trailer will have to tough it out. Put down some fresh, deep wood chips for the ducks and chickens.

I'm worried about the rabbits though...
We were supposed to have a real cold-shot today with temperatures of -6° overnight and a high of -4° through the day and it fizzled out. Lowest temp overnite was -2° and it is already +1° outside. The wind however is littered with razor-blades…

We were supposed to have a real cold-shot today with temperatures of -6° overnight and a high of -4° through the day and it fizzled out. Lowest temp overnite was -2° and it is already +1° outside. The wind however is littered with razor-blades…
You are using Celsius?

I am sooooooouuu GUILTY!

At least if you believe my ducks!

I asked them twice if they really wanted to get out today and both times the answers were »QUACK!«

So i opened the duck-run door and running they were…

One long line of ducks running to the pond. - Except for Blanca Duck who insisted in having some cat food now!

Then i heart disappointed sounds from up at the pond and everybody came back down yelling at me why i have frozen the pond and that i should turn off the dang wind and also pay some cat-food reparations for what i have done!
I'm such a bad guy! :oops:

So i handed out scoops and scoops of cat-food until everybody calmed down. Distributed some cracked corn for the mallards (if they come today) and the crows and now they're all sitting between the humon- and the duck-house:
full

Except for Blanca Duck!

She sits in front of the patio, totally expecting that the wind will blow the half full bag of cat food over…

Back
Top Bottom