Now there will be chaos in the Duck House!

Another duckling has hatched! This time in Violeta Duck's Nest.
She is sitting on that nest for just a couple of days, so i assume one of the eggs that have fallen down from Buffzillas nest has hatched.
And another duck went instant broody and is trying to share the nest with Violeta, i assume it is one of the hormone-crazy White Layers.
Interesting times ahead!

Here's the video proof, sorry for the poor quality, the camera is adding a lot of noise when using the zoom at night, but it is pretty obvious what is going on:
So many videos!!! Sorry Frank, I did *not* watch the 3 hour one, lol. And I did do some fast forwarding through most of them. I caught you saying "Duckling's first zoomies!" though!

Buffzilla is quite the architect! She's more dedicated to that nest than to her babies!

Are you going to try to move the new duckling up to be with the others?

Don't worry about the salt and the oil. You are not going to feed her the stuff exclusively from now on, are you? - I feed my ducks bread even though it is oh so bad for them. I have been scolded for doing that here, but my answer always is: It is the dose that makes the poison!
Just don't give her the whole can at once! 😜
Here - we managed to make a short video of Junior walking and then giving up. I think this link should work fine - if the embed fails, use the view on youtube option

I've also watched some of your videos, I love the kindergarden one :)

Don't worry about the salt and the oil. You are not going to feed her the stuff exclusively from now on, are you? - I feed my ducks bread even though it is oh so bad for them. I have been scolded for doing that here, but my answer always is: It is the dose that makes the poison!
Just don't give her the whole can at once! 😜
At that too-many-ducks farm that's what the ducks had... bread in water, and some crumble and cracked corn.

We have some heavy weather rolling in and I was wondering... Will hail hurt ducks? I would figure the answer is yes. Will they know to take shelter under trees shrubs etc?
Depends on how large the hail is. Might be safer to bring them inside their coop until the storm passes.

Back
Top Bottom