Happy Friday to Everybody!

The weekend is almost here!

The ducks are driving me crazy! 😵

Episode 1:
Woke up at 2am this morning to a loud commotion in the duck-house. On the DuckCam i saw a little duckling running around on the ground floor and everybody was scared of it. Tweedledee Duck was sittion on Violeta Duck's nest and Violeta was nowhere to be seen in the chaos. Walked outside in my pajamas to the duck house, went inside causing even more panic and chaos and caught the duckling. In idea to whom it belonged, i sat it down on the upper level and it ran straight to Buffzilla and the other ducklings.

Episode 2:
Opened the door to the duck-run this morning and everybody came out running, including a little loud peeping duckling. Caught it, walked into the duck-house and was greeted with the broody-quack of a White Layer duck. Deafening! 🔊Tell you! Put the duckling down on the upper level and it ran straight to Buffzilla and the other ducklings.
Violeta Duck was back sitting on her nest, no clue if there's still a duckling with her or if i gave her duckling to Buffzilla during the night.

Episode 3:
Looked at the DuckyCam and saw a nest full of eggs with six ducklings on top, no Momma duck in sight. But i could hear her! She was running around like a broody duck, all fluffed up, neck in boxer-position, ready to - fluff her feathers and poop. Walked into the duck-house where i was greeted with the deafening broody-quack of a White Layer duck, collected all the plastic bins. Played a bit with the ducklings, told them that Momma will be back soon, walked back out and started to clean up the duck(ling)-dishes. All the time a crazy duck was running around quacking insanely, buffing up her feathers - well in the end she's a buff-orpington duck (pun intended!). Walked back to the duck house, buffed-up duck saw me and came running, quacking and posing back into the duck-house… I also walked back into the duck-house, where i was greeted with the earth-shattering broody-quack of a White Layer duck, and distributed food water and a duckling pool. Violeta Duck burned my leg but ate and drank happily what i brought her. The six little ducklings are happy, using their pool, eating and drinking.

I am exhausted and have a ringing sound in my ears. Wonder why? :th

Actually have nothing but clouds and possible rain forecast for the next week! As well as very cool weather. The highest temp forecast is 21 C (70 F).
Which means you're done with summer and autumn is coming? 😜

We had a short shower yesterday evening, did not even show up on the radar map but it increased the air-quality so much! 21° is a very pleasant temperature, depending on the humidity. Last night we went down to just 9° (48F) here and with the higher humidity (we had fog!) it felt really uncomfortable.

He is a beautiful drake! - I wouldn't know what to do with him either. Ralphi Dux, my unplanned Black Swedish drake is a package… Fortunately the Runners are able to outrun him.

My girls would be able to outrun him. I doubt the boys would even try though. It would just be a giant mosh pit.

That is one thing I was thinking about though. Admittedly I'm not particularly knowledgeable when it comes to chickens, but I have a hard time imagining this guy catching one. It would have had to be in a small, enclosed space.

I vote nephew gets him. He’s already been through so much and look at that smile♥️

It sounds cute now but that'll wear off in a month or two when I've been left to be the sole caretaker! My nephew was only around yesterday because he got kicked out of kindergarten with 3 days left in the school year!

At the very least I figure I'm going to treat the bumble before making a final decision, so Monster has his chance to win me over before then.

And as far as i understand, they will not have this humon = axe-murderer phase like ducklings have, right? And they will stay friendly with you even as mature birbs. - Unless they go broody that is.
Well I'm trying to play with them every day. My last one stayed friendly with me but never missed a chance to bite dh on the butt or chase the dog and bite her. Both human and dog yelping. I've no idea of gender so we will just have to see.

Which means you're done with summer and autumn is coming? 😜

We had a short shower yesterday evening, did not even show up on the radar map but it increased the air-quality so much! 21° is a very pleasant temperature, depending on the humidity. Last night we went down to just 9° (48F) here and with the higher humidity (we had fog!) it felt really uncomfortable.
Better not! I want a bit more warmth!

I do agree that it's a good temperature, but like I said that's the highest next week. Lowest daytime high is forecast at 17C. Nighttime lows are between 7 and 12 C.

Eggcelent progress! She is paddling strong with both legs! That is a very good training eggcercise. Did she poop into the water? If not you have a very rare duck: Its common practice for ducks to poop into their swimming water before washing themselves and drinking their soup. :sick
:gig
I was wondering about that actually :)
Yes, Junior did poop in the water once.
But hardly anybody else does... We have a special batch it seems.

Back
Top Bottom