she can leave but she has to come back 😆
it’s the goose room they sleep there at night it is a little garage type room addition to my house
The previous owners built it to the side of the house for cleaning deer because they were hunters so it doesn’t have electric in it or heat, but it has nice windows and a painted cement floor upon which I put a thick layer of pine shavings. During the day, I leave the door secured in partly open position, but at night I lock it closed for them to be safe.
Are all of your birds in there together or does Trudy have a separate area to herself. I was just curious.

Ehm... I'm suddenly being asked to take in 4 grown ducks, 17 ducklings, 2 roosters and a hen with 7 chickens... That's a lot of animals. Not sure we can do this. Will need to find more candidates.
It turns out the the person offering was a little under the influence at the time. So no, we're not being flooded by +31 birds on top of our expected ducklings. Whew.

Haha, 16 hectares, that's a lot of grass :) [fainting] One single hectare here (one acre orchard+house and the rest is a field currently). Battery mowers are really user friendly though.
Fortunately i don't own a golf-court! - Most of my 16 hectares (40 acres) are heavily wooded, only about ½ hectare is actually usable for me and the dux at the moment. I am still struggling to fight off the autumn-olives...
Oh trust me, i have been recommended everything from goats, sheep, rabbits, donkeys and even nutria to get the upper hand on the approaching vegetation… - Thank you very much, but no thank you! Ducks are enough for now.
We came close to the freezing point overnight after reaching 30 C (86 F) in the previous days. Wild, wild swings. All plant development including trees is 3 weeks early compared to previous years. Black locust starting to flower in the last few days, normal schedule would be second week of May. Hard on bees since we're in a too-cold week now and they will probably miss black locust forage entirely.
I just got surprised by the Monday Morning forecast: 4° (39F) - that might be a close call for the bell-peppers.
Collecting laying eggs for a lady who wants to incubate 50. Despite the temperature rollercoaster production is more or less regular. Wife came from her trip and when the ducks heard her voice they immediately rushed the fence like QUACKQUACKGIVEUSPEAS!!!
🤣 Did she gave them peas?
@WannaBeHillBilly are you familiar with haskap (lonicera kamchatica) ?
I wasn't! - But it looks like an interesting fruit tree! I Germany its called Siberian Blueberry. Here its called Blue Honeysuckle - !!! - Waitasecond?! Honeysuckle! We do have several species of Honeysuckle growing here in the area. I wonder if the Siberians are already out in the wild.
Honeysuckle! - An interesting group of berry-shrubs. Great for Nectar and great for berries. Thank you very much for the reminder!

yes they trust me i have been going in and sitting in the chair in the corner. i will try to make small container water like miss lydia does and put it in asap . i’m worried about how much weight trust has lost already she is only day 11. i don’t see her eat much when she goes off nest. all the beautiful spring grass is getting so long i may have to mow 😮
Just keep being there. I sat down in the dux house with all my Momma Ducks and i was telling them stories of the world, sometimes i just read the weather forecast to them. They understand that this »humon« is just crazy and not evil and won't eat them or their ducklings. I always offered some meal-worms, so for a Goose Momma Peas may be a good gift of trust?

she can leave but she has to come back 😆
it’s the goose room they sleep there at night it is a little garage type room addition to my house
The previous owners built it to the side of the house for cleaning deer because they were hunters so it doesn’t have electric in it or heat, but it has nice windows and a painted cement floor upon which I put a thick layer of pine shavings. During the day, I leave the door secured in partly open position, but at night I lock it closed for them to be safe.
Oh she will come back - she is a domesticated bird! - But in the wild, Momma-Birds neve go back to their nests.
Trudy won't need electricity, she will provide all the warmth her little babies will need, everywhere, not only in their home.
Is the your Goose-Caboose large enough for the new family members?

Back
Top Bottom