they tasted like [email protected]@##$$%^

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by old geezer, Dec 12, 2011.

1. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    [​IMG]...with 2 hens laying , 2 that a too young to lay , and 5 going throught the final stages of the moult , it finally caught up to me and i had to go out and buy eggs this morning ,[​IMG]....they tased like cr-p ,3 large eggs ran soo much they almost completely cover'd the botton of my 10 inch cast iron fry pan , what taste their was of them , was very bland , rubbery , and the yolk ,well defied earthly discription , a very pale yellow .[​IMG]....i,ve been spoilt by good fresh eggs from my chickens , guess the next time i run out , i will take the time to get some from the others chickateers arround here who have laying hens....[​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    You've been spoiled by your chickens! [​IMG]

3. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I am so sorry. I know it must be horrible to actually have to BUY eggs, and then THIS! [​IMG]

4. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    I hear ya.
    This past Saturday me and three of my buddies went to the hockey game. It was over at about 10:00pm. Someone suggested a trip to Waffle House. I ordered three eggs over easy. Broke the yolk and I was done. Didn't eat a bite of those eggs.
    My buddies asked if they were bad, I said "I don't know and I'm not going to find out." " The color makes them look bad to me [​IMG]." The waitress asked if something was wrong as well and I said "no the eggs are not fresh eggs" She said "oh no, do they stink" [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  5. corgiscatsandchickens

corgiscatsandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    Gallifrey
    [​IMG]:lau
    Yup. No way I order eggs anywhere anymore either. They're just not right!

6. joneus

joneus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    LOL! Yep! I'm going to turn off the timer on the 31st to give my girls a break for the winter. I was going to sell my extras until I realized that I cant stomach the thought of store bought eggs and am gonna need them to get me through until spring. Let the month-long-stock-piling begin! I'd rather eat 3mo eggs from my girls than 2mo eggs from the store!

7. joneus

joneus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep! Been there, done that.

9. sherylreno

sherylreno Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Reno, Nevada
    I know what you mean. I ordered eggs at a restaurant and when I started to eat them it was horrible, I couldn't figure it out until I realized I haven't had any eggs other than mine in so long that all these other eggs are just the worst taste ever. I won't be ordering eggs anymore anywhere.

10. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree! Once you eat a fresh egg, one from the store is TERRIBLE!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by