they tasted like !@@##$$%^

old geezer

Songster
9 Years
Sep 2, 2010
cambridge , ny
tongue.gif
...with 2 hens laying , 2 that a too young to lay , and 5 going throught the final stages of the moult , it finally caught up to me and i had to go out and buy eggs this morning ,
rant.gif
....they tased like cr-p ,3 large eggs ran soo much they almost completely cover'd the botton of my 10 inch cast iron fry pan , what taste their was of them , was very bland , rubbery , and the yolk ,well defied earthly discription , a very pale yellow .
sickbyc.gif
....i,ve been spoilt by good fresh eggs from my chickens , guess the next time i run out , i will take the time to get some from the others chickateers arround here who have laying hens....
old.gif

I hear ya.
This past Saturday me and three of my buddies went to the hockey game. It was over at about 10:00pm. Someone suggested a trip to Waffle House. I ordered three eggs over easy. Broke the yolk and I was done. Didn't eat a bite of those eggs.
My buddies asked if they were bad, I said "I don't know and I'm not going to find out." " The color makes them look bad to me
sickbyc.gif
." The waitress asked if something was wrong as well and I said "no the eggs are not fresh eggs" She said "oh no, do they stink"
idunno.gif

Last edited:
LOL! Yep! I'm going to turn off the timer on the 31st to give my girls a break for the winter. I was going to sell my extras until I realized that I cant stomach the thought of store bought eggs and am gonna need them to get me through until spring. Let the month-long-stock-piling begin! I'd rather eat 3mo eggs from my girls than 2mo eggs from the store!

I know what you mean. I ordered eggs at a restaurant and when I started to eat them it was horrible, I couldn't figure it out until I realized I haven't had any eggs other than mine in so long that all these other eggs are just the worst taste ever. I won't be ordering eggs anymore anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom