I found two big pink tablets of these. When the doc gives me them I usually put them away for the chooks.

Attachments

• 20181122_114505.jpg
    20181122_114505.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 11
That appears to be egg yolk and egg white that she excreted.
It’s possible she is not getting enough calcium and her shells are so brittle that they break when she tried to lay them.
She gets layer feed every say and I throw oyster shell in their pen. I have 15 new girls who moved in a month ago. Could be stress? Everyone has been nice to each other recently. I habe 25 chooks and 9 nesting boxes. About 10 of them lay eggs and 7 are old and sit atop the nesting boxes.

Good. Did you start her on the Tylan? The sooner you start an antibiotic for a hen that has had an egg stuck or broken inside her, the better chance there is that she will be able to continue to lay. If the infection goes too long untreated, the worse the risk is of her going sterile or worse, internal laying, eventually leading to her death.

Use the amoxicillin you just found instead of the Tylan. Divide, as best you can, each of the two tablets into three doses. You're trying to get as close to 250mg as possible. Give her one of these divided pieces right away. Just pry open her beak and slip it onto her tongue toward the back.

Good. Did you start her on the Tylan? The sooner you start an antibiotic for a hen that has had an egg stuck or broken inside her, the better chance there is that she will be able to continue to lay. If the infection goes too long untreated, the worse the risk is of her going sterile or worse, internal laying, eventually leading to her death.

Use the amoxicillin you just found instead of the Tylan. Divide, as best you can, each of the two tablets into three doses. You're trying to get as close to 250mg as possible. Give her one of these divided pieces right away. Just pry open her beak and slip it onto her tongue toward the back.
She had a dose of Tylan about an hr ago. Right now she moved right next to me for a hug. She looks way better but still not herself. Ill try smashing these tablets into 3 pieces each. They are pretty fanned big.

Update:
She still won't eat
She made the smelliest poop ever. Smelled like a dead carcass.
She took some penicillin.
She's interested in the bread balls bit won't eat them and pecks at my remote

That's enough antibiotic for today. Starting tomorrow just give her the amoxicillin, and I hope you can get more amoxicillin before what you have on hand runs out. She needs to get it for a full ten days.

She should perk up by tomorrow, but continue the calcium and the amoxicillin even if she acts better.

Try giving her some boiled egg and some grated carrot.

That's enough antibiotic for today. Starting tomorrow just give her the amoxicillin, and I hope you can get more amoxicillin before what you have on hand runs out. She needs to get it for a full ten days.

She should perk up by tomorrow, but continue the calcium and the amoxicillin even if she acts better.

Try giving her some boiled egg and some grated carrot.
Thanks! Will do. My neighbor doesnt take hers. So maybe she still has them. She was sleeping on my shoulder while I took a nap. Still wont eat. Will boil an egg next

Today is a bad day to get it, but go to a feed store and look for the fish mox. Every feed store in my area has it on hand. Getting it tomorrow will be better than ordering and getting it Monday.

Today is a bad day to get it, but go to a feed store and look for the fish mox. Every feed store in my area has it on hand. Getting it tomorrow will be better than ordering and getting it Monday.
Thanks. I have enough of my own mox if I find the one pill that fell on the floor. I cut them up to about the right dose. Gonna boil eggs when I get back from eating. Just need tgise tiny calcium pills

Back
Top Bottom