Not sure if a tarp would stay on the roof. As for those spores, guess I'm walking the ladder up so I can bleach the ceiling. It needs to stop raining for two seconds so the coop can dry up.
Oh Dear!
Yes, if the ceiling is getting wet and molding/has mildew - this could be a big part of the respiratory problem your girls have been having.

I feel nothing. She just walks like theres a stick up her bum. Shes eating and drinking and has food up her crop. Her bumble is now just a small black scab.

Again. I dont care about his at all at the moment. I think thr table chickens will simply "disappear" as they still have green diarrhea and dont get off the table. They are old and sit and get nasty at my layers. Ive taken their food and water away, but I highly doubt they will get down to eat. As for Sh×+head, I thing she needs to go too. Her gave of jumping up and ripping feathers off of everyoned bums is driving me nuts. And now everyone else has gotten a taste of feathers. I had 28 and three died so far. And will probably cull 4 more and hopefully I can calm down. That and fixing the leak on the roof and bleaching the ceiling. I just am in alot of hate at the moment. Being told by the feed store I was getting healthy egg laying hens and when I get them dupposedly at 2pm in the day so I can see them, he arrives at 8pm. Its dark and I run them over quick with a flashlight. Seems legit. Adds them since its already cold outside. In the morning I'm like wait...these things have long spurs and theyre all old looking. Literally only seen 2 out of the 15 he gave me lay an egg. If anyone else says they want to give me chickens ima chase them off my property. Shouldbt have saved these chickens. But then again, the 7 I want to keep act gine and they are learning who I am and getting along (sort of) with my girls. I only got more chickens because I had 2 roosters and 10 hens. My third roo doesnt count. Hes never crowed or tried to doodle the girls. My biggest fear is losing Nugget. But thats life. She keeps hugging me and not wanting me to leave. I'm not sure how she got that broken egg inside her and not sure if I could have ever prevented it. Gotten rid of my roo? Changed the roost layout? Not gotten more chickens? I think no matter what I think she just had that glitch in her system since birth. She was a sticky chick and wasnt supposed to survive. I cracked her egg open and pulled her out. Gave her a bath and fluffed her up. She never grew as big as her siblings. Forever tiny. My lil baby. This really really sucks, but at least I had 1 year with her. And shes always going to be the best thing in my life. That little miracle chick. Still hoping shed pull through, but I think God has other plans for her. Right now shes still hanging with her sisters, chasing the new girls, eating her snacks and drinking. Just that crappy breathing. I will take as many hugs I can get...maybe even sneak her in bed at home.

So it's ascites. I feel horrible not trying days ago but I wasnt sure. Shes so tiny and her abdomen felt normal. I guess not. I went to tuck them in and she pooped yellow. Like whats in the bowl. I immediately brought her home to drain her. How long usually do I need to drain her again? And should she be on antibiotics?

Attachments

• 20181225_212545.jpg
    20181225_212545.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 6
So it's ascites. I feel horrible not trying days ago but I wasnt sure. Shes so tiny and her abdomen felt normal. I guess not. I went to tuck them in and she pooped yellow. Like whats in the bowl. I immediately brought her home to drain her. How long usually do I need to drain her again? And should she be on antibiotics?
Is this from the hen that is passing the lash material?
Fluid in the peritoneal cavity (Ascites) is often seen in hens with reproductive problems.

You would want to drain her slowly to avoid shock. I don't know how often you will need to drain her. You will have to go by symptoms she exhibits - possibly respiratory distress, difficulty walking, etc.

What have you treated her with? Hens with reproductive problems may improve for a short period of time with antibiotic treatment, only to have symptoms return or even worsen once the course of treatment is finished.

Is this from the hen that is passing the lash material?
Fluid in the peritoneal cavity (Ascites) is often seen in hens with reproductive problems.

You would want to drain her slowly to avoid shock. I don't know how often you will need to drain her. You will have to go by symptoms she exhibits - possibly respiratory distress, difficulty walking, etc.

What have you treated her with? Hens with reproductive problems may improve for a short period of time with antibiotic treatment, only to have symptoms return or even worsen once the course of treatment is finished.
When she started the yellow poop she had amoxicillin for 10 days. Then the week or two after that she had lincomycin with everyone else. For the 7 days. I was just afraid after poking her (cleaned her with rubbing alcohol) but still.... I see not many live that long with ascites but she perked right up and jammed 2 eggs down her throat. Ill drain a little more tomorrow. We are taking a break. She actually made a real poop!!! No more green diarrhea. Once I drained her and she ate,an actual poop came out. Well on my blanket and not her towel. But I dont care. Right now she decided my belly is her roost. I hear a tiny bit of respiratory distress but its light enough that shes able to sit down and sleep. That was scary. Shes also back to talking and up my butt. Before she kept hiding and wouldn't hug me. I got a HUGE hug when I finished draining as much as I could.

When she started the yellow poop she had amoxicillin for 10 days. Then the week or two after that she had lincomycin with everyone else. For the 7 days. I was just afraid after poking her (cleaned her with rubbing alcohol) but still.... I see not many live that long with ascites but she perked right up and jammed 2 eggs down her throat. Ill drain a little more tomorrow. We are taking a break. She actually made a real poop!!! No more green diarrhea. Once I drained her and she ate,an actual poop came out. Well on my blanket and not her towel. But I dont care. Right now she decided my belly is her roost. I hear a tiny bit of respiratory distress but its light enough that shes able to sit down and sleep. That was scary. Shes also back to talking and up my butt. Before she kept hiding and wouldn't hug me. I got a HUGE hug when I finished draining as much as I could.
It's hard to know whether to give her antibiotics or not if she perked up after the draining. Some people do give medication to help prevent infection from the needle stick, in case they introduce bacteria. That would be up to you.

It's good that the draining helped with her breathing and she is now pooping better.

Back
Top Bottom