It's hard to know whether to give her antibiotics or not if she perked up after the draining. Some people do give medication to help prevent infection from the needle stick, in case they introduce bacteria. That would be up to you.

It's good that the draining helped with her breathing and she is now pooping better.
Thanks. Woke up to her standing on the edge of the bed with her tail up and shes preening. Theres also full poops there too. Not sure if I should try draining more or just wait. She looks great

Thanks. Woke up to her standing on the edge of the bed with her tail up and shes preening. Theres also full poops there too. Not sure if I should try draining more or just wait. She looks great
If she seems to be doing good, then, personally I would wait to drain her again.

Glad she is happy this morning.

If she seems to be doing good, then, personally I would wait to drain her again.

Glad she is happy this morning.
It scared me and I hardly slept listening to her breathe. Ill put her back with her sisters then. I see new feathers growing in on her neck. She turned one december 6th. Could she have had a molt? Bleaching down the coop tomorrow. My only symptoms with everyone is the head flicking and sneezing. Otherwise they seem happy and they have been singing all morning.

She may be beginning to molt if you are seeing new feathers coming in on the neck.

You want to make sure you air out the coop really well if you bleach. I suggest that you wear a respirator for your protection as well, you don't need to be breathing in all that chicken dust or the fumes from cleaning (disturbing any mold too).

Something you may want to look into would be using Oxine https://www.revivalanimal.com/product/oxine-animal-health-ah?sku=15103-208
Use with the activator for cleaning. If using on the chickens themselves, use without the activator.

If you have a shop vac, those are great for coop cleaning/getting up excess dust. I of course, try to dust out my coop, but use a vac as well to clean up too.

This is what she pooped out last night before I figured out I needed to drain her. That was gross. This morning she's back to her normal self eating and drinking. Her steps even got a little faster. Her bumble is a small almost eraser sized. Was afraid of messing with it after I just poked holes in her.

Attachments

• 20181225_204555.jpg
    20181225_204555.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 8
She may be beginning to molt if you are seeing new feathers coming in on the neck.

You want to make sure you air out the coop really well if you bleach. I suggest that you wear a respirator for your protection as well, you don't need to be breathing in all that chicken dust or the fumes from cleaning (disturbing any mold too).

Something you may want to look into would be using Oxine https://www.revivalanimal.com/product/oxine-animal-health-ah?sku=15103-208
Use with the activator for cleaning. If using on the chickens themselves, use without the activator.

If you have a shop vac, those are great for coop cleaning/getting up excess dust. I of course, try to dust out my coop, but use a vac as well to clean up too.
I use very little bleach I .The hot water. Enough to kill the green mold. It worked in my food pantry. I worked with breeding parrots before this and know not to use alot of bleach while disinfecting things. Plus side is I can also lick everyone out since theres no more table chickens. I can have the coop all to myself!!

This is what she pooped out last night before I figured out I needed to drain her. That was gross. This morning she's back to her normal self eating and drinking. Her steps even got a little faster. Her bumble is a small almost eraser sized. Was afraid of messing with it after I just poked holes in her.
Yeah, that's not good. All you can do is to continue to monitor her.
Glad she is feeling better right now.

I don't think she slept last night but maybe she did. Its still labored breathing so something is in there pressing on her. She is still eating, drinking, and preening. She's alert in the daytime but cant lay down to sleep at night. This is so unfair.

I'm very sorry :hugs
I'm not sure what to do. Don't think baytril will help. I feel bad leaving her home. And I dont sleep when I listen to her breathe. But then I also worry she will be dead in the coop. Is it okay to put her back with her sisters and roos? Not sure what she would like. I know walking around in a pen aint fun. But dont know if anyone else would get it. So confused on what to do.

Back
Top Bottom