This CAN'T be happening to me!!!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Jethro has gone broody!!
th.gif

With one broody already in that coop and eggs in the bator, I was hoping - given her name - that Jethro wouldn't think twice about going broody. But noooooooo She's not only taken over the favored nestbox, when I went out there to collect the eggs that I saw upon opening the coop this morning, I found Jethro had stolen them.
he.gif

I'll have to think seriously about breaking her.
hit.gif

Quote:
She doesn't get to keep it, no matter what I decide to do. It's the largest of the nestboxes and the only one the meatie pullets can fit into. She looks kinda silly, this tiny silkie in a crate big enough for a cocker spaniel.

Quote:
That's what someone else asked me. I think it's that super duper gamebird feed I give them as a scratch.

Every morning now I open their coop door with a warning...."There better not be a broody in here or y'all are nuggets!!"

Quote:
That's what someone else asked me. I think it's that super duper gamebird feed I give them as a scratch.

Every morning now I open their coop door with a warning...."There better not be a broody in here or y'all are nuggets!!"

Hmmm. You must be doing something wrong. When I fed super duper gamebird feed and put them to bed with a broiler vs layer discussion I started getting eggs right away.

I had a battle on my hands trying to break a broody buff .

No way................a broody silkie....................really?
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

All quiet on this western front! I could use a broody right about now. Heck, I could use eggs right about now! They are starting back to laying, but cripes it's slow going!

Back
Top Bottom