This Isn't What It Looks Like, Right?? (I hope!) Poop Pic--WEIRD

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
I know this came out of Suede. Saw it in his poop, looked like a reddish cocoon, sort of torpedo shaped. The outside was a bit hard, not soft at all. Didn't take a pic before we cut it open, but did afterward. Only some clearish fluid came out of it, but no worm or anything else inside. Is this a piece of intestine or actually a cocoon? If cocoon, what on earth was in it?? ICK!
sickbyc.gif

DCP_5730.jpg

DCP_5731.jpg

Did he get into something? Chickens are notorious for getting into anything that is not edible.

My first thought was tapeworm but now I am hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! A fluke worm?

My camera has been making things look more blue than they are, especially when I don't use the flash, but the interior was white with the slightest bluish cast and the outside reminded me of the color of spaghetti, not actually bloody-looking, but more like orangey-red and crusty. I hope it's a piece of intestine-hate to think that there was an actual thing inside that is now living in his intestines! YUK! That group was wormed about two months ago.

That's the strangest thing I've ever seen. How is Suede acting now? I'd keep an eye on him and his poop for awhile. How old is he, Cyn?

If he didnt poop anymore out of him and it could have been a residesual of the worming but they didn't move on out until now. That would be possible.

If he acted fine and so forth, color is good, then I think he is fine too!

He could be shedding a tapeworm or fluke. I had one of my hens shed what looked like almost a cooked flat piece of macaroni earlier this year, no sign of blood or guts on it though. I treated them with valbazen twice in one month. I recommend that you try and observe his poop for any further out of ordinary excretions.

Back
Top Bottom