Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I got my very first goose egg from my chinese girl this morning!
celebrate.gif

I didn't think geese laid this time of year...
hu.gif
Congrads
hugs.gif
I got one the day before yesterday... this weather has them all outta wack
barnie.gif

They are all acting funny. DH just came and told me the African male is fighting with my buff boy. I'm on my way to go seperate into other pens. What is this about???

oh CONGRATS on the NEW EGGS!!!! PIC???? Is it fertile? Are you gonna get a hatch day going on ??
I started today rotating pasture time... They aren't happy about part of their "friends" being locked up. Spent the whole day trying to convence "Mom" that she forgot to let the others out.
lol.png

Just gotta watch now and make sure they dont start on the ducks that they are sharing day time pasture with.

Hi everyone!

Turns out two of my four "pure" Swedish Flower Hen chickens that I hatched from ebay eggs are mutts. I don't even know that much about chickens but one had a weird comb and looked it up online turns out it is a pea comb and SFHs don't have those and the other chicken had odd colorings for SFHs. I asked the breeder and she said she accidentally included some eggs from her americana that was in with the SFHs. The one with the pea comb is a roo unfortunately cause he has cute markings. The one with the odd coloring is super friendly and I think it is a hen.

My other three SFHs are from a BYC breeder and are definitely pure and they are georgeous. If I was wanting to breed them it would be perfect because one is a roo and two are hens, unfortunately my DH doesn't want any roos!

Nugget my only silkie chicken looks to be a roo
hit.gif

On the duck side my muscovies started laying again and the two younger girls started laying too!!!

This is the mutt roo

and an older pic of the Ginger the mutt hen with Curly (born with fist feet SFH) peeking in.

I realized I need more updated pics!!

Hi everyone!

Turns out two of my four "pure" Swedish Flower Hen chickens that I hatched from ebay eggs are mutts. I don't even know that much about chickens but one had a weird comb and looked it up online turns out it is a pea comb and SFHs don't have those and the other chicken had odd colorings for SFHs. I asked the breeder and she said she accidentally included some eggs from her americana that was in with the SFHs. The one with the pea comb is a roo unfortunately cause he has cute markings. The one with the odd coloring is super friendly and I think it is a hen.

My other three SFHs are from a BYC breeder and are definitely pure and they are georgeous. If I was wanting to breed them it would be perfect because one is a roo and two are hens, unfortunately my DH doesn't want any roos!

Nugget my only silkie chicken looks to be a roo
hit.gif

On the duck side my muscovies started laying again and the two younger girls started laying too!!!

This is the mutt roo

and an older pic of the Ginger the mutt hen with Curly (born with fist feet SFH) peeking in.

I realized I need more updated pics!!
Cute chicks

My little Silkied Serama laid her first egg for me today! We'll see if she keeps it up with any regularity. I was kind of surprised that she didn't wait until spring. They are outside with no lights on them.

Back
Top Bottom