Ticked off Neighbors!

I have a 6 ft chainlink around the yard and my chickens are usually in a run made with plastic fence.When I feel up to it I let them out and walk the yard with them. Lol,about them yelling at the rooster.I tell my cat to hush up a hundred times as it whines to get outside.Only the dogs ever quite when told!

I took in my dd's class hatchlings.So far one is crowing.

I want a summer house in Thailand!

For him to kill the chickens was inappropriate; for you to have them roaming onto his family's property was also wrong.

It doesn't matter if your chicks can't harm anything; they can and will defecate and get underfoot.
hmm.png

Where does it say the chicks were killed? I must have missed that part.... I thought the punk was just kicking and stomping near them. The OP states that she has put up hardware cloth to prevent any more wandering.

To the OP, I have had good luck on CL when rehoming roosters. I don't know why your ad would be flagged, unless it was posted too often?

NO the chicks werent killed. We did have a raccoon attack earlier that week. So maybe thats where the mix up came from. But yes they are secured in MY yard now and cant get into the forrest next door any longer. I knew it was wrong on my part, but I was just erked on the way the boy went about addressing it. But then again he is a child!
So the roosters came in for the night....the spent the night in my bath tub (figured it be an easy clean up! and also easiest to make dark) They still went of rather early but at least the noise was contained to my house...will try the basement tonight
hu.gif

Thanks all!

You cant be mad at the neighbors because your animals got onto his property... lol.. thats just silly!
lol.png
Thats totally on you!... some folks dont like chickens.(i know..weirdos!)... and they dont want them in their yard. Its their right...and its your job to keep them contained in your yard so there are no problems.
As for the rooster crowing... can you have roos where you live? If so... heck with them... i'd keep the roos if i really wanted them...
But thats just me

Last edited:
I don't know about can't be mad. I think it was the manner in which it happened not why it happened. The OP did say she realized it was her fault they got into the yard. The 'kid' is 18. Technically he is an adult and needs to learn what that means. I don't care what happens I expect my neighbors to be civil. If they are not, then I have the option of not being civil also. The OP is taking responsibility for what her chicks did, she made it right by fixing the issue with them going into the yard, she is working on rehoming. Yes she can tell the neighbors that. Will it help. Probably not. I tend to assume that kids act like their parents. That whole they learn what they have seen issue. However the neighbors kid has to take responsibility for how he acts also. We each have to take responsibility for our own actions. The OP just needed to rant a bit about the kids attitude before she dealt with the situation. Its better to pull in outside voices and get calm before you try to work out an issue.

I would talk to the parents. I would let them know what happened with the chicks, what you are doing to fix it. I would also let them know how their children acted and the language they used. They might be interested that if their son had actually stomped on a chick he could even face animal cruelty charges. There are proper ways to deal with conflicts. Cursing, yelling and violence are generally not the accepted ways to deal with conflict. Their son is adult so this is stuff that can go on his record. I am sure he never would even think of that. Just do whats right and then hope for the best and expect the worst.

Back
Top Bottom