Tractor supply brands of feed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I’m not blaming anyone or anything. I’m inquiring whether or not others have had the same thing happen. If I conclude the feed is not the issue I will switch back. The Dumor feed is less expensive and readily available. I’m here to learn and share.
‘thanks.

By the same token it can be said that less daylight is the reason for less eggs, can it not?
Correct. I agree. But I'm just pointing out that because he switched the food right now and is saying he's seeing more egg production, then the food might not be the factor. I think it is the return of more daylight.

I use the organic "Nature's Best" from TSC and yes I give an alternative calcium supplement ( organic oyster grit). My Silkies lay when they aren't taking turns being broody year round. My Barred Rocks take cold and molting seasons off even with light 24/7, then it's back to Big eggs. I also live in Wisconsin and as long as you don't notice health or physical changes that are concerning, your hens might finally be taking a break. Just watch your birds, their actions speak loudly😉

Two again yesterday. Tomorrow it will be two weeks since I switched feed.. it’s been a long time since I came home from work and was excited to see what the hens have laid. Lol
this little experiment, although not super scientific, has been fun,

Two again yesterday. Tomorrow it will be two weeks since I switched feed.. it’s been a long time since I came home from work and was excited to see what the hens have laid. Lol
Will you be switching back to Dumor in the summer or are you Nutrena for life now?

Have you noticed any increase in feed consumption when you changed feeds?

Another twist on feed is there are some ingredients that test good but aren't digestible enough to actually utilize the nutrition they contain. With feed labels often simply giving extremely generic terms for ingredients used in the least cost rations produced today one has no idea what is in the feed they are feeding.

Mine have stopped laying for a few months now, not happy. Did not have this problem at all last winter. I have two pullets who were of age mid december, they have not started laying yet either. Makes me think the food might be the problem here.

Im using producers pride, which is a TSC brand I believe. Im going to try to switch to something else and see if that changes anything. Something is up here and it's not good

aaron

I have 3 hens who will be 3yo in March, and 3 who will be 2yo in June. Of those six, I am getting 2 eggs every 3 days from one of the nearly 2yo.

I think (?) 3 of the others have laid at least one egg since the beginning of December. One more is looking ready, but the last still has a pale comb.

I feed Kalmbach 20% Flock Maker, and have for several months now, buying it from the same place (not TSC, as they don't carry it). Their main snack is their regular feed, wetted into a mash. They often get spinach, occasionally get BOSS/dried mealworms, and rarely get anything else.

As far as lighting, I have an LED rope of white Christmas lights in the run to brighten it up in our gloomy weather. I turn it on when I let them out, off at lockup. It's not very bright.

I'm expecting more eggs any day now, ya hear me, ladies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom