Trip to feed store leads to political arguement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: Tell that to all the people who used to build the axles for Ford, Dodge, and Jeep here, before they shipped those jobs to Mexico.

Tell those machinists, welders, engineers, supervisors and maintenance people they had "no skills"

excellent point to JadedPhoenix, This is a poultry site but it is also a social site. As for me I think we need term limits and fewer politicians in politics

I have a key chain that reads, "Every politician should be required to serve two terms. One in office and the other in jail".
wink.png
yesss.gif

Last edited:
Computer tech support sent to India.

That was exactly what I was thinking when the idea that only unskilled jobs are exported to other countries. I know of skilled technical jobs that were sent overseas, and not just to India. Some of us seem to have the idea that those people are loincloth-clad ignorant people. They are most certainly not! I know them as highly intelligent, and highly motivated people who are willing to work for pennies on the dollar.

Just a comment on shipping jobs overseas... most of the jobs that are shipped over seas are jobs that obviously were too costly to have done here and were really minimum wage/no skill positions and quite frankly are not family wage jobs anymore as determined by the marketplace. Now we are trying to figure out what thoe people are going to do as they have no skills or desire to get retrained. They just take a look at what the government can provide and decide that working is not the best route for themselves. This is the problem,It is not trying to bring back jobs that nobody is willing to do for the wages offered for those type of jobs. Our next big spiral is going to be the debate over student loans and the inability of students to pay them back and get a job capable of paying them back at a realistic rate. I hope I am wrong but it sure is looking that way.

The jobs I am seeing going over there are the six figure salary IT jobs and very high salary accounting and finance jobs. A lot of big family bread winners. More will be going in that direction in the next year or so. Companies can no longer affford to pay the employee benefits, and would rather hire 3 people in India to do the job one person in the US.

There is one very big US employer, who plans to send 75 percent of their US positions to their global offices outside of the US.

In my little town in Missouri there used to be a factory that made the uniforms for prison inmates. The uniforms are still being made, but now they are hecho in Mexico. There was also a plant in Arkansas that made shirts for WalMart. I don't know where the shirts are being made now, but it's not in Arkansas and it's not in the USA. Many of the people who worked in those plants found other jobs, but many did not. BTW, these plants closed up before Obama took office so he can't be blamed for that. My sister works for IBM, and she told me about hi tech jobs from there being shipped overseas.

There are plenty of jobs. They just got shipped out of the country. People in India and Mexico are benefiting. Our workers are paying the price for corporate greed and irresponsibility.

In my little town in Missouri there used to be a factory that made the uniforms for prison inmates. The uniforms are still being made, but now they are hecho in Mexico. There was also a plant in Arkansas that made shirts for WalMart. I don't know where the shirts are being made now, but it's not in Arkansas and it's not in the USA. Many of the people who worked in those plants found other jobs, but many did not. BTW, these plants closed up before Obama took office so he can't be blamed for that. My sister works for IBM, and she told me about hi tech jobs from there being shipped overseas.

There are plenty of jobs. They just got shipped out of the country. People in India and Mexico are benefiting. Our workers are paying the price for corporate greed and irresponsibility.

Oh, it isn’t a case of “corporate greed”. The greed part comes from investors who expect an ever increasing profit on their investments. Those greedy investors are mostly those of us who rely on a company pension, or invest in mutual stocks. A company’s CEO will do anything he or she can to meet those demands. I suspect you would do the same if you were in their position – that is, if you wanted to keep your job.
We live in a time of our history where our economy is global. A huge disparity between living standards exists between countries. It seems to me that we are experiencing an equalizing process. We happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time; so it is up to us to make some adjustments – like redefining things like wealth and living standards, and the quality of living. We are in need of a new cultural paradigm.

Oh, it isn’t a case of “corporate greed”. The greed part comes from investors who expect an ever increasing profit on their investments. Those greedy investors are mostly those of us who rely on a company pension, or invest in mutual stocks. A company’s CEO will do anything he or she can to meet those demands. I suspect you would do the same if you were in their position – that is, if you wanted to keep your job.
We live in a time of our history where our economy is global. A huge disparity between living standards exists between countries. It seems to me that we are experiencing an equalizing process. We happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time; so it is up to us to make some adjustments – like redefining things like wealth and living standards, and the quality of living. We are in need of a new cultural paradigm.
clap.gif

This is one of the many reasons I have gotten my ducks and chickens. I want to go back to basics and teach my children about going back to basics too.

It is a sad world out there, and even sadder when a company is making very excellent profits, but considered by the investors and analysts to be a loser.

One thing to add is the H1B visa process. Many companies will interview a handful of US citizens and then file for an H1B visa applicant stating that they couldn't find any qualified Americans to fill the spot. They do interview good American applicants but they know that someone from India or Pakistan will work for 1/2 or less of what the American would accept. It happens every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom