Trip to feed store leads to political arguement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jobs I am seeing going over there are the six figure salary IT jobs and very high salary accounting and finance jobs. A lot of big family bread winners. More will be going in that direction in the next year or so. Companies can no longer affford to pay the employee benefits, and would rather hire 3 people in India to do the job one person in the US.

There is one very big US employer, who plans to send 75 percent of their US positions to their global offices outside of the US.
If any job can be done cheaper than it is the logical choice to have that job done where it is cheaper... economics 101.

Government subsidizing of jobs is a downward spiral in any economy.

We have imported cheap labor in the past to America and are now being told that we must pay more than the market will support.

Just because a job pays a 6 figure salary here does not mean it is worth that salary, a job is only worth what you can find someone to do it for in reality and paying someone more than that is generosity and temporary at best.

If our standard of living is high and the rest of the worlds' is lower than in a global economy either ours must come down or theirs needs to come up... which do you think will happen?

If any job can be done cheaper than it is the logical choice to have that job done where it is cheaper... economics 101.

Government subsidizing of jobs is a downward spiral in any economy.

We have imported cheap labor in the past to America and are now being told that we must pay more than the market will support.

Just because a job pays a 6 figure salary here does not mean it is worth that salary, a job is only worth what you can find someone to do it for in reality and paying someone more than that is generosity and temporary at best.

If our standard of living is high and the rest of the worlds' is lower than in a global economy either ours must come down or theirs needs to come up... which do you think will happen?

Both.

pop.gif

Tell that to all the people who used to build the axles for Ford, Dodge, and Jeep here, before they shipped those jobs to Mexico.

Tell those machinists, welders, engineers, supervisors and maintenance people they had "no skills"
Sorry Bear foot you are wrong Jeep has several plants in Ohio! That Our current president saved! Go ask anyone that live in Toledo Ohio! And let's not forget Ford in DETROIT!

Last edited:
I hate to bust your bubble but my Brother in law worked for Delphi in Ohio He was not six figures! But he was forced into early retirement after Romney/Bains came in and shut the plant down and shipped the jobs to CHINA!

You can't base your choice on the endless ads you see on TV! Yes I am in a swing state! I listened to a handful of the ads and went and investigated each candidate for myself. I got away from the big economics issues. And found out this election is about so much more. I watched C-span were the house was arguing over the jobs bill. It made me sick to think that what was being said about a certain party was true, JOBS were really being held hostage for political gains! Then I listened to my family who told me about how he lost his job. Because it was shut down and shipped to China. And how my college kids have got help with student loans, and my kid not having to worry about having insurance because of the changes made she can stay on her dads insurance until she is 25. And there is so much more. What I am trying to get at is don't believe the media go see for yourself! Look around you! Talk to people who know.

Sorry Bear foot you are wrong Jeep has several plants in Ohio! That Our current president saved! Go ask anyone that live in Toledo Ohio! And let's not forget Ford in DETROIT!

Ford has already paid back their portion wanting nothing to do with the bail out, or at least that's my understanding. GM, now that's a different story. Glad I get to help pay for a Volt every time one is sold because it costs more to make than anyone will fork out.
idunno.gif
But at least they can afford to sponsor that English soccer team now. I agree on the endless adds, I don't get nearly the amount as you swing states do but when they do come on I take the opportunity to educate my kids as much as possible about the half truths being told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom