Trip to feed store leads to political arguement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid that no matter who is elected president and no matter who controls the congress, we are in for some tough times. How it goes down may vary, but we cannot sustain a good life style without working and producing. When I hear people say that they hope they can extend unemployment benefits until the plant reopens, it worries me. Don't they realize those jobs are never coming back? They cannot spend the rest of their lives on unemployment and food stamps.

Don't blame the rich; they all live in the Middle East and the Far East. They are well beyond our taxing authority.

Just because a company was an American company does not mean it still is. Tire jobs went overseas when ownership of the company went overseas. Firestone is now owned by Bridgestone, a Japanese company. You have to ask yourself "who owns this company" before you buy something. A good way to find this information is to just look at where the product is made.

Chrysler is now owned by Fiat, but the next question is who actually owns Fiat now? Jeep manufacturing is going overseas, probably to both Italy and China. It is only a matter of time until all Chrysler products will be made outside the US. I read where the average wage and employee related expense for the US auto industry was $77 per hour. The industry cannot compete with foreign imports.

I am afraid most of the US will look like Detroit soon.

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but if you look up the auto bailout you'll see Ford got none. Maybe you should rethink where to get your news from.

pop.gif
I am sorry I could be wrong I was going off what the Mayor of Lansing Michigan said! Since that is not the reason I commented I am not going to argue over who did. What I will say is this IF THERE HAD BEEN NO HELP FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WERE WOULD THOSE JOBS BE NOW?
If our President had not stepped in and helped the auto industry (which ever company it is) There would be no new jobs! And Chrysler announced the other day that they are hiring! I don't remember what the numbers were But yes new jobs out there which proves our country is coming back slowly but we are making our way back! And my hats off to President Obama for the way has handled the killer storm Sandy! Dropping Campaigning and doing his job!

I am afraid that no matter who is elected president and no matter who controls the congress, we are in for some tough times. How it goes down may vary, but we cannot sustain a good life style without working and producing. When I hear people say that they hope they can extend unemployment benefits until the plant reopens, it worries me. Don't they realize those jobs are never coming back? They cannot spend the rest of their lives on unemployment and food stamps.

Don't blame the rich; they all live in the Middle East and the Far East. They are well beyond our taxing authority.

Just because a company was an American company does not mean it still is. Tire jobs went overseas when ownership of the company went overseas. Firestone is now owned by Bridgestone, a Japanese company. You have to ask yourself "who owns this company" before you buy something. A good way to find this information is to just look at where the product is made.

Chrysler is now owned by Fiat, but the next question is who actually owns Fiat now? Jeep manufacturing is going overseas, probably to both Italy and China. It is only a matter of time until all Chrysler products will be made outside the US. I read where the average wage and employee related expense for the US auto industry was $77 per hour. The industry cannot compete with foreign imports.

I am afraid most of the US will look like Detroit soon.
WOW YOU ARE SO WRONG~~!!!!! For you information I used to work in the tire industry and Firestone and Bridgestone are one in the same! Bridgestone is not a Japanese company! Years ago there were only 4 companies that actually manufactured Tires. FIRESTONE/BRIDGESTONE, GOODYEAR, COOPER AND I can't remember the last one but I think it is BF Goodrich. During the Bush years, Bush offered a tax break to companies who out sourced their manufacturing. Shutting down Dayton Ohio Firestone Bridgestone plant which is were my company received most of their tires from. They moved manufacturing to Japan, and Indonesia. The company I worked for started getting their tires from Tn. who got them shipped in from the other countries! There was no big buy out of Firestone/Bridgestone! It was a tax break that Bush put into action that Obama has tried and tried to get over turned since he has been in office! Trying to force manufacturing back to AMERICA! So get on your congressman and tell him to pass the rise in tariff taxes!

Now as far as Chrysler goes they issued a statement the other day that they are not moving to China and their plants in OHIO are now looking to hire more employees! And that information was lie and guess who's campaign that came out of, Romney's!

I don't know were your getting your info from But I believe the Ford plant in DETROIT did get help. They were going to shut down. And was in the process of shutting down. I am in OHio and it was all over the news! And this was right after the 2008 elections.
You are very wrong and I under stand Dennis is 100% right Ford went to the meetings didn't like Obama's terms and said thanks but no thanks, and took their ball and went home. there was and outcry because all 3 exects flew private jets there though. perhaps that is what you remember about the situation.

I am sorry I could be wrong I was going off what the Mayor of Lansing Michigan said! Since that is not the reason I commented I am not going to argue over who did. What I will say is this IF THERE HAD BEEN NO HELP FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WERE WOULD THOSE JOBS BE NOW?
If our President had not stepped in and helped the auto industry (which ever company it is) There would be no new jobs! And Chrysler announced the other day that they are hiring! I don't remember what the numbers were But yes new jobs out there which proves our country is coming back slowly but we are making our way back! And my hats off to President Obama for the way has handled the killer storm Sandy! Dropping Campaigning and doing his job!

Well then that mayor was fibbing or else was referring to Cash for Clunkers......

Why would you payback a loan that wasn't due yet ? And there's the $16 billion that went to GM that we will never get back.

They received a loan to do something that they didn't think would be profitable but the government wanted to do it. We have all seen who well the Volt has worked out.

pop.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom