Trying to figure out what is wrong with these ducklings!

I wondered that too, since many of the ducklings looked soaked. It could be they had a leaky waterer..
They weren’t wet, the lady said that they had just gotten a bath but when I touched them they were completely dry.

They weren’t wet, the lady said that they had just gotten a bath but when I touched them they were completely dry.
Weird. At the very least, that tub looks overcrowded, and you said the ducklings were very itchy. Still a case of neglect that should go on social media.still a case of neglect that should go on social media.

Rural King has a pretty decent reputation for being an absolute joke when it comes to the live poultry. Also pretty strong reputation for being a miserable employer. Even on their own corporate FB page you'll get comments from people that work or worked there about how awful it was. I've applied at our local one a few times now, I'm extremely qualified, they're always begging for help, and yet... Never a response. They only want people with wide open availability so that they can call you at a moment's notice to come work a shift, or keep you over, etc. I still shop there because they're the closest place with feed, but honestly I really need to start planning my month out better and going to Farm & Fleet that's further away, I try to always "vote with my feet" but have gotten lazy in the last couple (fraught) years.

I would call or email Rural King corporate. If enough people do for long enough, they may finally decide to change things up.

Look what happened when people spoke out about those contraption TSC was using at the beginning of their chick days. People don’t want to come into a store and see poor little ones crowding on top of each other trying to stay warm and the ones underneath dying or dead. They have gone back to the metal troughs. So people speaking out does make a difference.

Look what happened when people spoke out about those contraption TSC was using at the beginning of their chick days. People don’t want to come into a store and see poor little ones crowding on top of each other trying to stay warm and the ones underneath dying or dead. They have gone back to the metal troughs. So people speaking out does make a difference.
True. At my tsc they had that brooder, but it was set up properly. The local rural king also does well with the animals. It's all about management.

I couldn’t find a email for corporate! The only thing I can find is the phone number for the customer service near me!

Back
Top Bottom