Trying to figure out what is wrong with these ducklings!

Those are definitely not pin feathers. They are too young. You can see their skin is all read from irritation. Their belly feathers and tail feathers com win first. Then their wing feathers and head feathers. And lastly their feathers on their back.
The lady said they are 2 weeks old and that’s when they start to develop them!

This is sad. I've never seen any animals like this at our local rural king or tsc. Where is their water source? I would contact corporate and let them know that the condition of these ducklings is unacceptable. I also wonder if they are using cedar shavings?

This is sad. I've never seen any animals like this at our local rural king or tsc. Where is their water source? I would contact corporate and let them know that the condition of these ducklings is unacceptable. I also wonder if they are using cedar shavings?
To be honest I wasn’t looking for their water because I was so irritated about the ducks looking that way! And I believe the shavings are cedar!

The lady said they are 2 weeks and it’s completely normal for that age. But that video says otherwise.
She sounds misinformed. And as a slight thing in her defense, The store may get many customers who are concerned about this or that with the ducks/chicks.... For example, I heard one lady very concernedly tell an employee at a store recently that the chick was dead, but I could tell the chick was just sleeping. Stuff like that makes it harder to weed out the things that are actually serious.

To be honest I wasn’t looking for their water because I was so irritated about the ducks looking that way! And I believe the shavings are cedar!
I'm thinking they don't have adequate water as well especially with that many ducklings. They usually put those small chick waters in there - similar to the feeder shown.

Back
Top Bottom