Turkey fell off slaughter truck- Rescued but needs help!

Thank you everybody for the kind words. It was disappointing, but not unexpected. On the plus side, the shed has been cleaned out and de-cluttered for the first time in who-knows-how-long! I really do appreciate all the help and encouragement that everybody here flooded me with, it was far more than I expected or could have asked for!

Like many have said, we take solace in knowing that we gave him a good final week, and that he went out with more dignity than just about any other turkey that's born into the factory farming system.

Instead of spending an entire day digging a hole for him that would probably end up dug up by an animal anyway, we took him out and (ceremoniously) left him in the woods (we have about 15 acres of woodland) - we figure the wild animals need to eat too (and I really didn't feel like digging down through our rocky/clay soil if we are being honest).

On the plus side, though: I'm pretty sure that I want turkeys now. lol

IMG_4672.JPG
Good choice!!
And :clap for wanting turkeys!! They are very sweet!! And will eat out of your hands

I just saw and read through this whole story and I'm so beyond amazed at you and your girlfriend and how amazing you guys are for taking him in and giving him your all. My boyfriend and I would do the same any day. I'm so sorry for your loss, but you guys are a miracle. Please do get more turkeys as pets, I have a few and I love them so so much. They follow me around love to be pet and held they are so sweet. Turkeys are amazing creatures here's my 8 month old tom and hen Shadow and Peep I love them so much. Again, you guys warm my heart it makes me so happy knowing there's amazing people out there that would do the same as I. Here's my babies.

Attachments

• IMG_1180.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG
    796.4 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom