Turkey fell off slaughter truck- Rescued but needs help!

Whelp everybody I hate writing this update, but I am sorry to report that Sebastian didn't Make it through the night.

It really seemed like he was getting better, he even moved himself over yesterday, but the trauma of everything that has happened just must have been too much for him. I take solace in knowing that we gave him a comfortable final week and a dignified death.

RIP Little Sebastian.
So sorry for your loss; was really hoping for his recovery. Good heart. You did everything you could, and he got to know that not all humans are people that do not believe in quality of life! You loved him. My vet said that Permethrin shouldn't be used on open wounds-toxic. He must of had an infection and needed antibiotic. WHEN you are ready, You could always get another turkey to love. If you know where that farm is located, bet you could easily get one from them. Turkeys when given special attention are just like dogs--take praise really well-for the exact task that you want them to do-need much handling so that when the time comes, you can administer care. They will follow you like a dog and want to be near their flock member. Your bird was one lucky bird to have you both.

Last edited:
Whelp everybody I hate writing this update, but I am sorry to report that Sebastian didn't Make it through the night.

It really seemed like he was getting better, he even moved himself over yesterday, but the trauma of everything that has happened just must have been too much for him. I take solace in knowing that we gave him a comfortable final week and a dignified death.

RIP Little Sebastian.

I'm so sorry about little Sebastian! That's really sad. However, he had something a lot of turkeys never have, which is someone who loved him. He at least had a chance to know what it was like, and he didn't die on the side of the road. It is really touching that you and your girlfriend cared enough to take care of him like you did. You changed his life in a big way, even being as young as he was, and with as little time as you knew him. But I'm sure he changed your life in a priceless way too.

RIP Sebasitan... you were loved. Not only by your adopted parents, but by everyone on this forum as well <3

RIP Little Sebastian.
RIP Sebastian! So very sorry for your loss :hit

Make sure he's safe from predators my chickens love a nice warm blow dry and get him some proper food he'll be much happier. I'm sure he appreciates all your doing for him hes probably so docile because he knows your trying to help him. Best of luck keep us updated:thumbsup

Make sure he's safe from predators my chickens love a nice warm blow dry and get him some proper food he'll be much happier. I'm sure he appreciates all your doing for him hes probably so docile because he knows your trying to help him. Best of luck keep us updated:thumbsup
This turkey didn't make it.

It is helpful to read the entire thread before giving advice, or at least the last few pages where you would have seen that he had died before giving this advice.

This turkey didn't make it.

It is helpful to read the entire thread before giving advice, or at least the last few pages where you would have seen that he had died before giving this advice.

:bow Well said.
(one of my biggest pet peeves on this forum!)

Back
Top Bottom