Twin Pictures (Micky)

Gud luck tracy mine are a little behind due to the incubator power getting cut off twice. today is day7 and the little red spot with veins is still there it may have alot more veins than what i see candleing the eggs using a small falsh light so i hope they are still growing i couldn't get the temp to go past 95 for the past 2 days so i got a lot of hope for these eggs

Last edited:
Gud luck tracy mine are a little behind due to the incubator power getting cut off twice. today is day7 and the little red spot with veins is still there it may have alot more veins than what i see candleing the eggs using a small falsh light so i hope they are still growing i couldn't get the temp to go past 95 for the past 2 days so i got a lot of hope for these eggs

Justin do you have Twins????? My temp has been 95.3 since day 1. Ive put it up to 95.6 so i hope thats ok
fl.gif

Forgive me if I'm wrong cuz imma newbie never hatched but done a lot of research and I thought optimum is 99.5 am I wrong :/

If that is the case all they are doing is extending the length of time to hatch. The temp should be 99-100* it can cause deformities or death. I wish her luck, but you shouldn't hatch double yolk eggs.

Tracy The Chick....I just want you to know I set all single yolk eggs, 16 of them. I got to lockdown last weekend and the first one pipped right on time..........and I killed all the others. I had started a staggered hatch so today I am in lockdown again. I hope I don't kill all of these. There are 12. AND I did an experiment with two of them and put them under a broody hen who was sitting in a feed bucket. I took them away on day five because it didn't appear that she was turning the eggs and put them in the incubator. So I'm experimenting with my eggs. I feel bad I killed them. It certainly wasn't anything I did intentionally. I did read a lot of information about how to incubate beforehand, but obvioulsy I messed up. I held my little chickie I had to put to sleep and told it I was sorry. I take full responsibility. That being said, I'm going to keep trying and hopefully will figure this out. So what if you meant to set them or not. Where would we really be today if there hadn't been great people in the past willing to step out there and try something new? I'm glad you posted and I'm rooting for you.

Hi guys, sorry that was a typing error lol. Ive had temp at 37.4 - 99.3, i have upped it to 37.6 - 99.3.. Theres still no pipping, im struggling to hear as i have 8 marans at 4 weeks old in a large box & heat lamp chirping away. My mother in law hatched 2 ko shamo chicks and there a week old chirping like mad in another box. So i cant tell if its the eggs chirping or not lol....:lol:

Back
Top Bottom