Two Husky sled dogs wiped out my entire flock of chickens!!!!

ep.gif
hugs.gif

What a horrible site to be woken up too.
So sorry for your losses.

Will the authorities in Alaska make him pay for the dead birds? You have told just of the sickest experence I've heard of yet. I to loose pets is one thing, but for someone who's livelyhood is involved in the chickens this is not good. That's senseless killing if there's ever a definition for it. Just for sport. So sad.

Good look on you recovery. I hope you get satisfaction from your perspective.

I am so sorry. What a waste and how horrible for your family. Irresponsible pet owners drive me crazy.

That's a horrible thing you had to deal with. I support you shooting the dog. Irresponsible pet ownership does not, unfortunately, warrant killing the owner, but he'll now take things more seriously and keep his dangerous dogs on his own land. When I was a kid I raised rabbits as a hobby and a husky came and bit the toes off my dwarf mom right through the mesh floor. I scared the dog off. The next time he came back he killed a rabbit. I caught him, called animal control, and the owners never went and got him back. (They knew I had him.)

Good for you, and pursue legal measures if necessary to get at least the money back to restart!!!!!!!!

I have two husky mixes.....and they are very sweet dogs, but they'd be on my chickens like stick on you know what if I gave them the chance. I once left a gate open and the one who is outside along with my rat terrier made short work of the birds that were in that pen. They got a beating with a dead bird, but since I was the one who had left the gate open I figured it was as much my fault as theirs. They leave my free-range guineas, cats and the cattle alone, but not my chickens.

Sorry about your birds.
sad.png

My condolences on such a terrible thing to happen to you! Irresponsible dog owners are a continual bane on chicken owners.
somad.gif

Does Canada have the equivalent of Small Claims Court? If it comes to that, I hope you will receive some measure of satisfaction in addition to every penny of what that careless idiot owes you.

Oh, I hope you also factored in the cost of the fencing, staples, and electric wire system replacement!

Back
Top Bottom