SplashyDashyChicksHatchi

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2018
So it's been a while! The flock is doing great, we are now getting 4 eggs a day(yet to find out who are laying them). We are up to 13 chickens now. The 9 original(3 RIR, 2 BR, 2 LH, 1 ALP, 1 GLW roo) and now 4 new golden buffs. My mother got confused when she went to pick up the chickens(she had two ladies she was considering buying from) and thought she had met with the Ayam Cemani seller. Consequently, she purchased 4 golden buff 3 week old pullets. Now they are soon to go in with the older hens and roo, once they are big enough. The rooster has become quite the handsome fella and though he is still afraid of us, we are working to get him to the, "you are the alpha rooster and I will not attack you but I still love you" sort of point. Any tips on that? I don't want to make him cocky(ba-dum-cha) and give him lots of treats so he thinks he is better than us, but I also don't want him afraid of us all through his life and eventually attack someone because he is scared. On a higher note - he started crowing! The first time my sister and I heard it we freaked out because it was so exciting! He can now almost complete the full thing, but it's still a little strained :p He also has started to mount some of the girls, but thankfully(we don't have anywhere for the chicks) none of the girls have gone broody. Well, that's all my questions and updates for now.
Happy travels! :frow

Back
Top Bottom