UPDATE Trader joe chick a.k.a. Frosty 2-3-10

Bock_Bock

Songster
11 Years
Dec 13, 2008
Hayward, Ca
The big white one is my trader joe chick i named him frosty since he was born Dec 28, the other 2 bigger chicks ar enot ones i hatched but instead i got them to keep my frosty from being lonely since he was my only chick to hatch out of the first set of eggs. Although these 2 chicks are related to the other chicks in the picks (hatched from Jan 8-9) they all came from the same hens, so anyways here is some pics, this si right after i went from using doggy training pads for the brooder bottom to changing it to shavings, and i did make it deep, as to cut down on the smell since i have this whole thing in my bedroom with 31 chicks lol. Well anyways when i finally set them in there they went crazy for the shavings, one would pick a piece up in the mouth and all the other chicks would chase it trying to get that 1 piece even tho there are 1000's all around them lol.

7e37ff27.jpg
f8aafc95.jpg
02d000f9.jpg
679e2365.jpg
072361d7.jpg
10cc905d.jpg
5ee3b93f.jpg

Action shot chick jumping off log in back
12013fb4.jpg

c4575974.jpg

a3fc895d.jpg

Last edited:
yes they love this stuff, they lock playing chase or keep away with it, they love digging holes in it, they even love sleeping in it. When they go to sleep at night they will burry themselves in it, but its funny when some chicks are sleeping and the other chicks are digging a hole and they are kicking the shavings all over he sleeping chicks lol

Here are some pics of him, he has a huge comb and huge feet, he is going to be huge, but since i am not able to have roosters in my area, i am actually going to raise him indoors as a house pet lol, with diapers and all , well anyways here he is, he is close to 4 weeks old

a5493f79.jpg

d3debc44.jpg

9cf4ae66.jpg

12b40ae2.jpg

3f0f8049.jpg

yes he is lol, we also just got a yorky-terrior yesterday so i guess he is gonna be as big or bigger by the time he is done growing, so i am going to raise them together and see how that works out

yea this lil yorky which i call dorky is one wild dog, he listens very good but when it is play time he gets crazy, but these little dogs are so much fun, dont get me wrong i wish i had my Husky back tho

They're are adorable!
love.gif
Frosty is one big boy... I can't wait to see some pictures of him in his diapers!

Did you say you had 31 chicks in your bedroom?
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom