URGENT Advise from all your lovely guys here!!

Thanks, we know you're working hard to solve this...
cool.png

Sorry i didnt answer one of the questions.

The vet thinks that the mites which munched on her for 3 weeks + whilst she was broody ran her down and then ecoli set in.

She done her first (disgusting i know) solid poo in days today and then followed it with two liquid ones ....

She has been given a "rabbit rescue" powder that mixed with water gives her all the vitamins and minerals until she is ready to eat. However this comes at a gaseous consequence. which bless her is really uncomfortable!

She still isnt eating for herself 2nd dose of antibiotics last night so hopefully anyday now she'll make the desicion to eat then i'm sure she'll improve with leaps and bounds.

Well i nearly choked her tonight trying to feed her. I have left her alone for the night. She has about a walnut sized amount in her crop.
her neck is still firmly attached on her body(ie she is not holding it up) i dont think this is helping her food intake. Must be uncomfortable! to try and swallow like that but its her own fault!
Had a few solid poos! but a couple of liquid ones also! nice eh?
Her feathers seem to be coming out very easily but i guess she hasnt been able to preen herself.
She needs her bottom beak filed but she is fighting us - she seems to be clicking alot!
Oh well we'll see. I was hoping that she would start eating by now!

Ok weell day 3 of the anitbiotics and she is not improving anymore. still fighting with us to eat and not drinking for herslef. I have noticed she has a few lumps on her belly and crop. A bit concerned that this could be a strain of mareks (Cutaneous) has anyone had any experince of this?

I seriously thought that after 3days she would be eating

I'm sorry I don't know anything about Mareks except what I have read on here. But I just wanted you to know that I am still following along with her treatment. Maybe today will be the day she starts to improve, but it sounds like it has been a struggle for both of you.

Thanks you guys have been great you wouldnt believe how much i appreciate it. I'll run her through the course of the antibiotics and we'll see after that. Its not until I look at the others that i really realise how ill she is. Its heart breaking.

I wish I could be more help too. You're right about continuing the antibiotics- any microorganisms being addressed by the drug need to be fully exposed or you could create a resistance in those cells. Very glad you have the intervention of a vet.

well she is starting to get warm indoors. Not sure if this is a postive thing or not?
Made sure she has a full crop has had a few syringes full of water, mite powder and antibiotics tonight. showed an interest in food but didnt take any.

I am going to start giving her pellets instead of corn. It appears that they dont really digest it. Therefore at the moment, no point in her having it!

Ok well it turns out instead of giving her antibiotics once a night i should have been giving her antibiotics twice a day!

idiot!!

Anyway. started on the correct dose and she seems to be improving. she is lifting her wings and shaking her tail feather. Poo is alot better too. Solid and brown! (i hate talking about poo.)

Anyhoo.

I have noticed that she is coming out in little red spots. Almost like chicken pox when they havent been scratched. Take a look and see what you think!

5017_dsc00030.jpg

i have circled them in blue. the spots arent bothering her yet but concerned this might as she gets her strength

Back
Top Bottom