Utah!

Any chance she would eat anything sent to her? I say we feed her some pyridium. its a.drug given to people with bladder infections to reduce pain or discomfort. It stains your urine a bright orange color. Then a little while later we could send some methyl blue. It stains urine blue.

Well I went out to check on the chickens this morning and found that something had gotten in the coop and killed the silky and showgirl that the monster just got. I am guessing a cat or coon, but don't know. She will be so upset when she gets up.

Well I went out to check on the chickens this morning and found that something had gotten in the coop and killed the silky and showgirl that the monster just got. I am guessing a cat or coon, but don't know. She will be so upset when she gets up.

Noooo! How sad!!!! That is awful!!!!

Oh No! I'm so extremely sorry. That is so very sad. Tell her that we can all help find her a few new chicks. I don't have any showgirls or any Silkies, but I'm sure someone on here does, specially since there are a few hatching out SG this month. I really hope you find out how they got in your coop, so you don't loose anymore.

This is my biggest fear is loosing my daughters Houdan. She loves that bird so much, I hope they live forever, cause I don't know what I would do if one day I walked outside and Fuzzy was gone. I would be driving to Logan as fast I as can to steal one of Casa's. LOL, so Lisa be prepared! J/K

So what are we all mailing to Lil's neighbor?
I like the idea of sending nice cards to her :) When she sees how nice the chicken world people are, and how much everyone cares for eachother and their flocks, her heart will grow three sizes that day.... but all the other ideas are pretty comical.

I can't believe the skunk in the air conditioner story!

Last edited:
Any chance she would eat anything sent to her? I say we feed her some pyridium. its a.drug given to people with bladder infections to reduce pain or discomfort. It stains your urine a bright orange color. Then a little while later we could send some methyl blue. It stains urine blue.

My brother in law had a girl answer him for a dance by sending brownies with methyl blue. The message was something like "blue means yes, red means no." He was supposed to eat the whole plate, but only ate a few. He was left wondering what green meant :gig
Funny thought, but lets not do anything that would make her press poison charges. Even though they are harmless dyes, she would. She is already claiming that the roosters crow all night long.

Well, sad news here sfter a weeks long struggle we lost Birdie.  I went to check at 6pm and she was still trying, but when I checked at 7pm she had passed.  While the flock seems to have taken it well, thd humans not as much. 
Such is the chicken world in Magna today. 

:hugs I am so sorry.

Oh no! Poor monster! :hugs to you also! It's a sad chicken day!

I like the idea of sending nice cards to her :) When she sees how nice the chicken world people are, and how much everyone cares for eachother and their flocks, her heart will grow three sizes that day.... but all the other ideas are pretty comical. 

I can't believe the skunk in the air conditioner story!

All these ideas make me smile, but if you send something, make sure she is not harmed beyond harassment. I plan on playing a certain Reggie Watts song as I am capturing birds to go. BYC won't let me post the title (and my LDS friends on here wouldn't appreciate it either), but it is perfectly appropriate for the mood today. ;)

Haha, there are a lot of good ideas out there you guys. It sucks having neighbors like that! I finally got all moved in to my house. Yay!! Moving is stressful but it was totally worth it. The only things left to do is get my coops over here so I can finally have my chickens again. Thank you to all of you that have been holding a few chickens for me until I got settled in, it means a lot to me!! Not too much longer now. Then I am going to have a chicken warming party haha sounds like fun.

Well, sad news here sfter a weeks long struggle we lost Birdie.  I went to check at 6pm and she was still trying, but when I checked at 7pm she had passed.  While the flock seems to have taken it well, thd humans not as much. 
Such is the chicken world in Magna today. 

Oh no! How sad :( sorry guys :'(

Lil, I'm going to get sone nice cards to send. She'll be all sorts of confused.

Brian, yay for you! I'm glad you got moved okay. Moving stinks.

Lilwanis, I would be thrilled to help you sell your place and buy a new one. I also could help think of some fun ways to harass the evil neighbor. I would suggest editing her address out, just in case she googles it and this thread comes up. All of our harassment plots should definitely keep Lilwanis totally innocent and clear and not suspected at all.

Welcome Kater!!

Sara, I've done the orange urine prank before. It was hilarious.

UtahChickenDad, I'm so sorry for the loss of Birdie.

BluJems, I'm so sorry your chickens were attacked. Any idea how they got in? How did the Monster take the news?

Things are going smoothly here. I have three broody hens that I can't break for anything. I candled Red's Icelandics last night. They're due to hatch in just under a week, and I saw 5 wriggling, healthy babies.

Back
Top Bottom