Wanted: Silver Penciled Cochin Rooster (NE ALA)

mtnmenagerie

In the Brooder
12 Years
Oct 13, 2007
NE Alabama
Anyone in the TN/AL/GA area??
I would really love to find a nice rooster to pair up with my ladies. Please let me know!
smile.png

DSC03626.jpg

Last edited:
smile.png
She's a mighty fine looking gal. Good luck with your search. I haven't heard much about that variety here on BYC. You'd probably have better luck contacting someone on Cochinsrule.com or googling "silver penciled cochin" and hunt for breeders in your area or maybe someone farther away that could mail you eggs.

hi!
smile.png
thank you! and thank you for the advice. cochinsrule.... i have never even heard of that! i've noticed that cochins are becoming more popular, but i still never see the silver penciled. it's a shame - cuz they are so stinkin pretty!!
i'll check out that website
smile.png

I just sold my three girls. I couldn't find a roo either.
My son had taken them to the 4-H fair. They placed reserve grand champion. I had bought them from a store that ordered them from Cackle Hatchery. I figure on buying some more later. What's the odds I'll get all girls again?

13604_chick_pics_1-03-2009_044.jpg

Last edited:
I bought some silver-pencil bantam cochin eggs from a seller on Ebay last year. I have the seller's name at home and I look for her eggs on Ebay now and then. I hatched a gorgeous white show cockerel from her eggs. She also has beautiful birchens and a couple of other rare colors. I'll post back to this thread as soon as I can find the info.

chick-n-farmer - oh what a very pretty hen! figures - when you want a rooster, that's when you end up with ALL hens!?
roll.png

oldtimegator - yes, thank you. i would love if you can post the info you have.

Did you find a Roo?

Otherwise Cackle does sell the bantam sized ones direct. (I'm not sure if you have bantam or standard)

Last edited:
Quote:
i'm sorry. i didn't noticed your response!
i'm looking for a bantam sized one. i'll look at cackle, thank you
smile.png
i'm hoping for an adult bird if anyone has one??
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom