Watermelon :-) What treats do your chickens love?

Mine love watermelon, corn on the cob, pasta (cooked but plain), meal worms, any bugs they can catch, and everything in my garden.
barnie.gif

Gosh, that sounds really familiar. ;) Haven't given them a variety of cheese yet that they didn't pull an instant vanishing act on

Had their first go at canteloupe today....scarfed that right down!

I have to add pomegranate to the list of our flock's favorite treats! They go absolutely crazy for them!
And Aldi's has them cheaper than anywhere else, so I do not mind!

Bummer-- no pic of them eating poms though :-(

Mine love watermelon. Took a half of one out them this past summer. Went back later to check on them and it had been rolled and turned upside down about 8 ft. from where I had put it originally.

I thought it was strange and quite amusing that they seemed just as interested in the green part as they did the meat. I bet I watched them go at it for about 15 minutes when I noticed they had quarter size hole going. As I payed closer attention to this hole and the pullets pecking at it, I noticed a beak coming out of it.

Went over lifted the watermelon and rescued the pullet. I'm sure the sisters would have eventually broken her out. Funniest part to me was she could have just stood up and rescued herself.

Funniest thing that has happened to me in my whole 8 month chicken career
wink.png

Mine love watermelon. Took a half of one out them this past summer. Went back later to check on them and it had been rolled and turned upside down about 8 ft. from where I had put it originally.

I thought it was strange and quite amusing that they seemed just as interested in the green part as they did the meat. I bet I watched them go at it for about 15 minutes when I noticed they had quarter size hole going. As I payed closer attention to this hole and the pullets pecking at it, I noticed a beak coming out of it.

Went over lifted the watermelon and rescued the pullet. I'm sure the sisters would have eventually broken her out. Funniest part to me was she could have just stood up and rescued herself.

Funniest thing that has happened to me in my whole 8 month chicken career
wink.png
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom