Weak/injured baby. HELP!!

Paulinefrn

Songster
Aug 7, 2018
Grand Cayman (Cayman Islands)
Hello everyone,
This morning a friend of mine called saying she had found an injured baby being bullied by adults, so i went to pick her up.
I would say she's around a month old. She was limping and quite weak, so i have her some sugary water. She wouldn't eat anything, i didn't insist. I went back to check on her every half hour and sometimes gave her a few more sips of sugary water, since she wasn't getting better. I went to check on her again, and she was having diarrhea. Now i don't know what to do. She only open her eyes if i move her around a bit, and i need to do something now. I'm stuck!! Is it too late for her?
IMG_6447.JPG
IMG_6470.JPG

Greetings Paulinefrn,

Bless your heart for trying to help that poor little chick. I agree with Eggcessive, it is dangerous for adult chickens to be integrated with other chickens. I can just imagine what that poor little chick had to deal with.

It could have had internal injury or even some illness. It died not even 45 minutes after you intervened. It was just too far gone, poor little thing. But, at least it died with someone trying to help it, and not trampled in the run.

So sorry for your loss.

God Bless :hugs

chicken died.jpg

Thanks for the support everyone,
I did not mention this but they were wild chickens, which is why the baby was with the adults. It is in no way due to anyone mistreating/not caring appropriately for the animals.
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom